Every cloud has a silver lining

Kipper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
barassiebeach10022008small.jpg

So I have been bitten by the panoramic bug. I took this when I seen the one large cloud having the lining lit up by the sun, it would have been better had I some ND grad filters, but I didn't.

Thanks for looking.

Kipper.

yet again with the camera phone :D

No this one wasn't, it was with a D80 and a monopod, I didn't have any filters with me as I didn't anticipate taking panos (the prime reason for being there was with the kids playing on the beach)

But thanks anyway.

Well ... may I be honest?
It does not grab me.
It is a pano and creating those is a skill that I myself don't have, so yes, I admire each and everyone who can create panos. But the final composition does not convince me. If only that sun had stayed behind the clouds, to give them nothing but the proverbial silver lining. But now it sits in the very centre of your pano and ... well, I don't like it. But hey, I am one out of millions, so what in how far should my opinion really count, eh? ;)

Well ... may I be honest?
It does not grab me.
It is a pano and creating those is a skill that I myself don't have, so yes, I admire each and everyone who can create panos. But the final composition does not convince me. If only that sun had stayed behind the clouds, to give them nothing but the proverbial silver lining. But now it sits in the very centre of your pano and ... well, I don't like it. But hey, I am one out of millions, so what in how far should my opinion really count, eh? ;)

Thanks for the honesty LaFoto, the centre sun was something that drew me to it as it gave a nice symetrey to the cloud, had I had the ND grads, I think it would have been better as the foreground would have been better exposed.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond and for your comments.

The clouds look awesome. I personally really like this picture.

Most reactions

Back