Everyone is going to have to post much, much BIGGER images...

Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a new HP w2448hc monitor. It's VAST! Normal images @ 800px on the longest side just get lost in there. New standard resolution is 1920x1200 of screen real estate. Not tried editing anything on it yet though - roll on Fight Club

Is that the same as the new Mac monitors? My school has a bunch (I love funding) and every single one of them has CS3 and Illustrator on them. The monitors are HUGE! I thought my own 17" one was large until I sat down in front of one of the 24" ones.

It's completely surreal.

Welcome to the club :p

There's one problem with those 24" monitors, though...if you ever play games, you really need to have a nice computer to push that resolution.

I've had a Dell 24" monitor for a few years now. It is pretty handy, has a lot of inputs and some handy usb and a card reader on the side. So it is pretty great!

However, be prepared to see web pages that are not designed for such resolution (1920x1200), and to see pictures posted as quite small.

But, it's nice to have more screen real estate, you can view 2 pages at once of documents for office quite easily, two web pages at the same time, etc. And using lightroom I like to have all the menus around, while still being able to see a decent sized image.

Yet, once you get used to it, you will start to wonder how nice a 27" or even a 30" will do!

A 30"? I think I'd have to crank my neck back... I'm happy with the 24" at school and my 17" at home :).

I just got a benq 21,5" native resolution 1920 x 1080 (16:9), all my icons which used to take up both sides as well as the top of the screen now all fit along the top :cool:

No more scrolling to see images larger than 900px wide :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back