Everyone's favorite guy was there. lol

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SO I told you guys I don't like to do weddings. Well, I didn't lie. But I did say I wouldn't do another. Guess I lied. haha. My mom talked me into doing pics for her friend's daughter. A wedding they threw together in a month and a half and didn't have the money for in the first place.

And guess who was there? Everyone's favorite family member! You know... the one with the good camera that gets RIGHT IN THERE trying to get all the good shots for them. GRRRRRRR. haha I did my best to work around him but he was up my but the whole time telling me that film is much better quality than digital and he can blow his pictures up way bigger than I can. (where is the eye rolling smiley? LOL)
When I ask him what aperture is he using, cause he insisted on taking all the same picks as me, he was like Um, I have to check on that. Then he never answered me. You know I don't think he knew what I was talking about!

So there. I suck at the wedding ordeal and I won't do it again but thanks you guys for encouraging me to try again from the last disaster. This one didn't cause quite as much mental anguish as the last one but I didn't enjoy it again. Just not for me. But to those of you who do this for a living - you work damn hard - be proud of yourselves!

Here he is:
guy.jpg

cameraguy.jpg

Hate that guy... grah. My last wedding I swear the entire brides family was following me around with SLR's, even the 10yr old was lugging a D40. And they would all shoot me dirty looks when I was posing the bride/groom and changed locations before they were done with the shot. Aggrivating.

Did the bride and groom know you were the photographer? Tell him to piss off... errr politely. My second last wedding was like that. The groom's cousin kept jumping in front to take a picture. After the 5th or so time he did it I asked him if he wanted to send his photos to the bride so I could go out take the arvo off and have some beers. He got the hint.

On an up side if he was using film, at least you have the chance to adjust the white balance to fluorescent, all his pictures are stuck green :D

That makes me the more grateful that for the Silver Wedding I photographed on the 11th (that is a 25th wedding anniversary), the husband had told all others who offered to take pics there was no need and he had a hired photographer. To my big, big surprise (!) I really was the only one there with a camera in hand. That was so reassuring!

That guy in "your wedding", JJM, would have made me cry out loud in despair, I think!

But beware if you for once get into THEIR picture, like happened to me when I did a shoot for my sister and many others were there with cameras, too, like this old man who insisted he "had to take the photos for the group", and who had run into ever so many of my planned shots, all of which got deleted without a word on my part, for such things just happen. (It was nothing as official or formal as a wedding, mind you!). But the one time I (not even seeing him trying to get his shot behind me) got into his shot, he shouted at me and groaned and rolled his eyes - and I'm afraid my reaction was none too friendly, for I muttered under my breath "**** happens, you know!" :)oops: )

But I'm with you JJM on telling all those who make a living out of photographing weddings that they should really, really be proud of themselves. It is a lot of work, and hard work too.

Hate that guy... grah. My last wedding I swear the entire brides family was following me around with SLR's, even the 10yr old was lugging a D40. And they would all shoot me dirty looks when I was posing the bride/groom and changed locations before they were done with the shot. Aggrivating.

Ha I wish I would have. I think that may be why wedding photography is not for me. You have to take control and I'm not the type to say something when I dont know the person. Like you got dirty looks when you moved the people before you were done, whereas I posed them and let him go first. LOL

Did the bride and groom know you were the photographer? Tell him to piss off... errr politely. My second last wedding was like that. The groom's cousin kept jumping in front to take a picture. After the 5th or so time he did it I asked him if he wanted to send his photos to the bride so I could go out take the arvo off and have some beers. He got the hint.

On an up side if he was using film, at least you have the chance to adjust the white balance to fluorescent, all his pictures are stuck green :D

Yes they knew I was supposed to be there as photographer. But some background info... The bride and I don't like eachother, our mothers are friends. I know the bride didn't even want me to be there but I reluctanly agreed to do it for the mom's. If fact at one point after the ceremony in between the reception (they were held at the same location) the bride looked at me and said
"I don't even care about these f#$king pictures, can we just do the s#*t inside?"
I was so mad I wanted to walk away and go home right then but her sister pulled me aside and talked to me and asked me to please stay. So I did.
You know what's funny? The bride saw the pictures this week and she cried because she liked them so much. But she still never appologized to me for being such a wench!

You should have taken ONLY pictures with the guy in the yellow shirt in them.

HAHAHAHAHA...imagine how pissed the couple would be when they get their
photos. To me, that seems like a lot of fun.

The last wedding I shot there were 40 people there with camera. It was insane.

Dang girl, you got a lotta gumption. I'll walk out if someone says that to me. I
sure do have a lot of things I can do with my time other than waste in on some
ungrateful prick.

That makes me the more grateful that for the Silver Wedding I photographed on the 11th (that is a 25th wedding anniversary), the husband had told all others who offered to take pics there was no need and he had a hired photographer. To my big, big surprise (!) I really was the only one there with a camera in hand. That was so reassuring!

That guy in "your wedding", JJM, would have made me cry out loud in despair, I think!

But beware if you for once get into THEIR picture, like happened to me when I did a shoot for my sister and many others were there with cameras, too, like this old man who insisted he "had to take the photos for the group", and who had run into ever so many of my planned shots, all of which got deleted without a word on my part, for such things just happen. (It was nothing as official or formal as a wedding, mind you!). But the one time I (not even seeing him trying to get his shot behind me) got into his shot, he shouted at me and groaned and rolled his eyes - and I'm afraid my reaction was none too friendly, for I muttered under my breath "**** happens, you know!" :)oops: )

But I'm with you JJM on telling all those who make a living out of photographing weddings that they should really, really be proud of themselves. It is a lot of work, and hard work too.

Yes that must have been nice to not even have another camera there at all! That guy in the picture was the worst but there were several others with small digitals that were around for things like cake cutting but it sisnt bother me too much because those ones actually waited til I was done for the most part.
The guy with the film SLR wasnt nasty with me at all until I posed the bride in a way that was different and he said "Someone went to school for this." And I told him, no I learned everything online and I told him about this place. After that he told my mom, I'm just letting her pose them cause she seems to have that down, but I have the film camera. UGH!

And yes, wedding photography... I was stressed out, emotional, tired, sweaty (95 degrees and no A.C.), insulted, and I cut both of the backs of my heels open with the shoes I was wearing, though usually they are quite comfy, just not after 7 hours of standing!

You should have taken ONLY pictures with the guy in the yellow shirt in them.

HAHAHAHAHA...imagine how pissed the couple would be when they get their
photos. To me, that seems like a lot of fun.

The last wedding I shot there were 40 people there with camera. It was insane.

Dang girl, you got a lotta gumption. I'll walk out if someone says that to me. I
sure do have a lot of things I can do with my time other than waste in on some
ungrateful prick.

That would have been HILARIOUS if I had done that. And you know I would have had so much fun doing that but I think my mom would be a little pissed at me! LOL
Yeah and she was an ungrateful brat. I told my mom I shot the wedding, for free just like she wanted me too but if that girl ticks me off again I'm making her pay for the pics!!!

Yes they knew I was supposed to be there as photographer. But some background info... The bride and I don't like eachother, our mothers are friends. I know the bride didn't even want me to be there but I reluctanly agreed to do it for the mom's. If fact at one point after the ceremony in between the reception (they were held at the same location) the bride looked at me and said
"I don't even care about these f#$king pictures, can we just do the s#*t inside?"
I was so mad I wanted to walk away and go home right then but her sister pulled me aside and talked to me and asked me to please stay. So I did.
You know what's funny? The bride saw the pictures this week and she cried because she liked them so much. But she still never appologized to me for being such a wench!

ARe you kidding me? I would have kicked the crap out of her. OR left. Or did both. Your a trooper. That ungrateful person,... ARGGH.. Wedding Photography is hard. Your a better person then I would be. Especially if I was doing it for a favor. :)

Originally Posted by JimmyJaceyMom
...at one point after the ceremony in between the reception (they were held at the same location) the bride looked at me and said "I don't even care about these f#$king pictures, can we just do the s#*t inside?"

Wow, the groom sure got himself a prize in marrying her....

ARe you kidding me? I would have kicked the crap out of her. OR left. Or did both. Your a trooper. That ungrateful person,... ARGGH.. Wedding Photography is hard. Your a better person then I would be. Especially if I was doing it for a favor. :)

It was hard to not gather my things and leave. But my mom works with her and her mother at the grocery store where I do all my shopping... I would rather not go there trying to avoid them after making a 'scene' at their wedding and I am too lazy to find another grocvery store!!! :lol:

wow, nice girl...sheesh...

Hey! Sheesh is MY word! LOL
Um, yeah she's not very nice. A funny comment I got from a friend that saw the wedding photos, "Her pictures are so nice. THey would be a lot nicer if her face wasn't all bitched up like she wants to knock someone out!"
HAHA

Originally Posted by JimmyJaceyMom
...at one point after the ceremony in between the reception (they were held at the same location) the bride looked at me and said "I don't even care about these f#$king pictures, can we just do the s#*t inside?"

Wow, the groom sure got himself a prize in marrying her....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

Back