PWhite214

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picked up an EXA Ia this weekend for $10.00

EXA Ia 01.jpg
EXA Ia 02.jpg

Everything seems to be working, I will load that roll of Plus X today.

Phil

Nice! Looks like it's clean, in good shape. I have a thing for waist-level finders on an SLR. I'm having fun with a new-to-me Praktica FX2.

We want pictures when you have 'em! :)

These were made by Ihagee, and the underling to the Exakta. I've had two Exakta VXIIa's. They are all beautifully engineered machines. Nice find.

A fresh roll of Tri-X will run you half the purchase price.

That is true. The best price I have found is $95 for 20 rolls. I paid about $3 for the Plus X.
With the shutter speed max 1/125, I should have loaded a roll of Ilford Pan F

Phil

The top shutter speed is 1/175, wonder how the engineer decided on that.
I had shot a few frames during the week. This evening the overcast was breaking up, sun and blue sky peaking through. I stopped at a park along Sims Bayou and in a few minutes finished the roll of film. The negatives are drying now, I will contact print and scan this weekend.

Phil

The last 12 negatives, 25-36, are scanned and resized.

EXA 1a Dec19 2014 Im25.jpg

EXA 1a Dec19 2014 Im36.jpg

The images look a little fuzzy. I could blame the Domiplan lens, which is the 'cheap' kit lens, the curvature of the negatives, or most probably focus error on my part. I am happy to see that the camera works, exposures are pretty much on target. I have some other EXA mount lenses to try. I have ordered a Tamron Adaptall mount and a T2 adapter, should be fun to see how some of the other lenses perform on this camera. The adapters should be here the first week in January.

Merry Christmas to All,
Phil

It could be lens flare from shooting into the sun? I'm also looking at the evenly spaced streaks on #1. It looks like you may have issues with your focal plane shutter

That could be. I will be shooting some more over the next couple days. I am going to load some 12 exposure rolls.

Thanks
Phil

Those streaks along the bottom of the first frame? Look like a bit of bromide drag to me.

I need to scan the rest of the film to see if that shows up on any other frames. Thanks for the ideas, hopefully I can shoot some tomorrow.

Phil

Enjoyed the info on the non-standard shutter speed. A few cameras over the years have had some that do not fit into what we've come to think of as 'normal' sequences. One is the Argus C-4 with its 1/300 second. I'm sure there are others.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back