Exactly 1 Year since i've bought my first DSLR! C+C please ;]

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Although I havent taken a single picture from September 08 to May 09 due to college haha. Anyway, please give me some criticism!

Dendrites_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Burst_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Rusty_Hydrant_II_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Purpose_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

i've learned so much, but still there's so much to learn!

EDIT: Here are some pictures i took starting out for comparison:

A_Child__s_Eyes_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Tracks_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Chimes_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

Last edited:
Your ugly and your mother dresses you funny! Oh, sorry, you meant the photographs. Right then, here we go:

1. Nieat idea, like this a lot BUT the the lighting doesn't work for me. A fill light camera left would have helped even out the exposure and give a more even tone to the image. This one strikes me as having excellent possibilities for a mono conversion!

2. Neat. I like this one; don't really have any suggestions or critiques.

3. This one seems to me a near miss. I think if you either zoomed in tight on the grey area at the top of the hydrant, or wider so that it showed more of the hydrant. I think a slight saturation boost wouldn't go amiss either.

4. Admitedly not the most original composition, but well excuted except you seem to have missed the focus. I would like to see at least one segment of the pawn in sharp focus from top to bottom.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

For the first one you could have placed a ND grad filter (with a soft transition) on your lens to cover the top right corner of the frame. This would even out the exposure across the frame. The right of the picture is too dark and we cannot really see any details.

nice pics!

college is NO excuse to neglect your camera ;)

I dont see anything wrong with these pics. I happen to think the lighting on #1 is great. The lighting and composition make this image really interesting

The second one is my least favorite, its not your fault, just not my taste.

I think the third is my favorite. I love the colors and the grungy feel to it. Nice composition too, and the depth of field is great.

I like the mood and composition in the fourth.

1. I like it. It's unique and the lighting seems fine to me given it's meant to be artistic.
2. Doesn't do anything for me.
3. I like it, probably my favorite of the set.
4. It's under exposed, out of focus, cocked at an angle, and not all that original.

thanks so much guys, i appreciate it! <3

The first is absolutely stunning! Must learn how to do something like that, great work!

Do you have a few picture from when you first started? Would be neat to see the difference between then and now.

I recently looked at my earlier pictures and was surprised at how different my pictures look now after a year and a half. I didn't think I was improving but I guess I was.

#1 just made me sigh. does quite a bit for me, absolutely beautiful, would be my desktop if i wasn't on my work computer! :D

that was the only one i really fell in love with but the other three were nice as well. #4 is a little out of focus..

and btw. i totally neglected my camera during college too :( it happens.

I love the 3rd one. The edges are alittle dark for me though. Did you PS the edges or where they that dark?

I love the 3rd one. The edges are alittle dark for me though. Did you PS the edges or where they that dark?

I may have, it's been a while since i took the shot.

I posted early shots for you guys for comparison's sake! Check the first post

I'd say you need to be using that camera more. Great shots!

Most reactions

Back