Excavation

flygning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SouthDakotaJune-July071398e1.jpg

My first real attempt at black and white in post processing. Whatcha think?

I think I'd like a cheeseburger, fries and a large Coke. Ohhhhhh you mean the picture, right... Very well done! :thumbup:

This is cool! I haven't been very successful with my B/W conversions and was just about to order a book ... I like the composition (as a nit-pick, I might crop off a bit more of the hill above the building -- maybe just below that white patch above that little house on the left). Do you mind telling us where this was taken?

Ian

Thanks for looking! And I'm sorry, tirediron, *buuurp* I just finished the last of the fries and Coke.

I'm not quite sure what goes into a good b/w conversion. I just did a new layer with black and white, and boosted the contrast until it looked...decent. I thought about cropping the hill too, and I might go back and do it, but I didn't really think this photo would do well with a non-standard size. Maybe I'm just imagining things. I'll play around with it.

As for where it was taken...I'm not sure. It was somewhere between Silverthorne and Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Colorado. This was the view from the road, and I wish I had spent more time there. I only got this and one more zoomed in shot and that was it. With my shooting skills at that time, its not a whole lot to work with :p

Looks good. As fine as any conversion I've seen. And when you learn more later, you can re-edit it again! :)

Most reactions

Back