excited but ...

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Christina, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Christina

Christina TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was offered by H&R block to come to a motorcycle rally and take shots of people with their bikes; winning the awards ect. They told me to bring cards with my website that people could buy off of.

I've never done events so I'm not sure to the pricing. I know event photos normally go for a little higher. What's the best prices.

Also is there a hosting site that's good to post these where they can't be right clicked & stolen?

Would it be cheesy to wear a shirt with my website on the back?

And I want to watermark the pictures with something other than the usual name mark. Like fancy script or a little camera with my initials. Is there any site online for this or a way to do it in gimp?

Help please!

2. smcaskil

smcaskil TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't answer your questions about prices, but whenever I speak at a writer's conference, I always make sure to wear a golf shirt with my site's logo on it. You can't beat free advertising.

3. Christina

Christina TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks.I'm leaning torwards it. Any other helpful insights.

4. RMThompson

RMThompson the TPF moderators rock my world!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Christina, there are plenty of watermarking tutorials, but honestly, if I were you... I wouldn't set them up on a website, at least not at first. Id give EVERYONE a card and write on the back:

8x10 print for only $15.00 - and the name of your company.

Not only is it a great advertisement, you can make a few dollars considering the price of a print and frame is like 6 bucks, at least near me, and if I can hit up the dollar tree when they have the frames, its even cheaper.

I wouldn't try to make a lot of money on the 8x10's, but more use that as an introduction to your business - and try to get REPEAT customers who are happy with their 15 dollar 8x10!

:)