Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

Long story, short.

I've installed a feeder just outside my paito door and have been experimenting....

Wireless remote shutter release arrived today, it was late afternoon but...

I shot this from the couch :lmao:

Manual exposure, Shutter priority AE, 1/1,000 sec, f/4, ISO 800, Compensation: +1/2

828olymasterFSthreewingsspread_filt.jpg

FYI - developed in Master and adjusted a bit in FastStone Image Viewer..

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
Spectacular! I've seen at least a couple of your previous images of hummingbirds, and I think this is the best of the series. You got their wings almost frozen, which is remarkable.

I normally don't even click on the wildlife, bug, animal photos but I'm very glad I did this morning. (It was the catchy title) I love this shot. What a wonderful capture. (And I love hummingbirds as well)

Wow, great that there were three there all at once (not fighting or chasing each other off). Well done!

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The amazing thing is there were FOUR at the feeder at the same time.

Unfortunately the last little guy is just out of the frame. Obviously I couldn't get to the camera to zoom out and I never expected to need to, sigh...

I have yet to see if the wireless remote works on continuous mode, I may have been able to catch them all that way. I know my wired remote will not work on continuous but it's not an Olympus brand...

Cheers, Don

PS. I managed seven more keepers from the shoot that I will process later :)

Very nice! Much better than your previous attempts.

Grats :biggrin:

Nice capture Don.

It would be nice if you could brighten the birds without increasing the background.

Glad to see that you don't dye the syrup. :thumbsup:

Very nice! Much better than your previous attempts.

Grats :biggrin:

I'll take that as a compliment, thank you :)

Nice capture Don.

It would be nice if you could brighten the birds without increasing the background.

Unfortunately the lighting sucked from the start, in the shade in late afternoon. My photoshop skills are rudimentary at best...

Perhaps after developing the other keepers from this shoot I can drag a little more detail out..

I'm still considering these as practise but I don't think I'll ever see this many birds at the feeder at the right time of day, sigh...

There is a ZD 50mm f2 in the mail with my name on it, maybe that will help also?

And more practise.... and keep the feeder full :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Cheers, Don

Nice capture Don.

Latest process effort, developed in Master, fill and shadows in Light Box, sharpen and brightness/contrast in FastStone Image Viewer. And noise reduction with Noiseware.

ContestLBFSMaster_filteredMedium.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back