EXIF info

ILovePlaya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What determines if you can view
EXIF info when you right click the photo?
Must be a setting on the camera??
Find it helps me learn.
Thank's, Craig.:sexywink:

I'm assuming most/all digital camera's can have their Exif data reviewed.
You would need to have your pictures uploaded to a site that supports the viewing of Exif data like Photobucket and also have a Exif data reader on your computer like Opanda.

:)

Most of us have some kind of tool installed that allows us to view the exif info on our machines easily. I use OPANDA Exif. It's free and works nicely. Firefox also has a plugin.

Every camera I know of stores the info in the image.

Nikon View NX ( software that should have come with your camera) shows EXIF without having to right click or go to properties. I think its also available as a free download from Nikon's site.

Photo's on the forum.
Craig.:sexywink:

OK, so I think that you have a method of right clicking and it ‘sometimes’ shows the EXIF data for photos viewed on the forum and you want to know why 'sometimes'. The reason that you cannot see it is that it's not there. Somewhere along the editing/posting process, the information was stripped off the file. For instance, I use PS Elements v6 to resize my files for posting. If I do an Image Resize, Save the result and then post this image, the EXIF will be embedded within the file. But if I do a Save For Web, it resizes the picture and strips off everything that it thinks is unnecessary to make the file as small as possible which includes the EXIF data. If I then post this file, you would not be able to read the EXIF data. - TF

Yep I use dropshots or Fotki neither of them show the Exif, if you want to know though just ask... :)

Hey TwoRail, it's Cricket from PC Mech...I joined up. Interesting exif viewer. I use Opanda.
Hey Cricket... err... Samanax!! (That'll take some getting use to! :)) -- Ya, Opanda has been recommended a lot around here, but I can't get into their site; got a thread on it here and over at PCM and still no luck. My IP says it's them, and Opanda hasn't bothered to respond to my emails. glc sent it to me but I haven't installed it yet. I'm so use to KUSO that I don't know when I'll play with Opanda.

PS: Some nice shots on your flickr site. I'll have to go back when I have more time.

Last edited:
so i downloaded the plugin for firefox, havent gotten to use it yet, how is it?

OK, so I think that you have a method of right clicking and it ‘sometimes’ shows the EXIF data for photos viewed on the forum and you want to know why 'sometimes'. The reason that you cannot see it is that it's not there. Somewhere along the editing/posting process, the information was stripped off the file. For instance, I use PS Elements v6 to resize my files for posting. If I do an Image Resize, Save the result and then post this image, the EXIF will be embedded within the file. But if I do a Save For Web, it resizes the picture and strips off everything that it thinks is unnecessary to make the file as small as possible which includes the EXIF data. If I then post this file, you would not be able to read the EXIF data. - TF

Thank's, that would explain it.
Craig.:sexywink:

so i downloaded the plugin for firefox, havent gotten to use it yet, how is it?
I tried it and it just didn't work: it told me every shot was was taken with the following settings:

1/400 shutter
80 ISO
and f9.7 aperture!

And it didn't matter which camera took the shot...

Most reactions

Back