Exif

Amphoteric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again,

I am using a Nikon D40 and I am trying to figure out this whole "exif" data thing. How do I get my pictures to be taken with this info recorded? How do I access this info? Am I even talking about the right thing? Thanks for your answers

NOTE** This post has changed my status to "No longer a newbie" W00t!

I am not familiar with the D40 but I know with the D70s exif is always attached to my photo. When viewing images the exif data can be accessed by just turning the dial. Hey and about that "no longer a noob" stuff I was there once a lot of posts ago honestly, I really don't know how I put up so many.

I'm pretty sure there's always EXIF data.

YOu can access it just by using adobe lightroom, bridge, or apple aperture, or you can just grab some standalone meta tag reader or something...

The D40 records the exif data to every photo, be it jpeg or raw. To access it on the camera press up or down on the d-pad to scroll through histogram, exif, etc. for that image. On the computer, you can see the exif through a number of programs. There are a few good tools out there if you do a google.

The D40 records the exif data to every photo, be it jpeg or raw. To access it on the camera press up or down on the d-pad to scroll through histogram, exif, etc. for that image. On the computer, you can see the exif through a number of programs. There are a few good tools out there if you do a google.

Wow, that really helped because I could not figure out how to use the histogram. Thanks

Most reactions

Back