Experience Shoot: How To Get Best Results

How many people? what time of day? Get creative. Shoot he obligatory people standing there shot and then have fun with it. Bring a ladder or something to stand on. Be sure to use a flash indoors and out. Be careful of busy backgrounds.

Are you shooting for credit only? That is a whole other story. Keep in mind that getting credit can sometimes be a sketchy deal. Everyone has good intentions, but generally there are a lot of hands involved. Be sure to cover all bases.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
Thanks man,

A rough estimate would be like 50 people there. The shooting would begin at either 10am or 12pm. The only flash I've got is the built in unit. Should I use a tripod? All I've got is a @#$% Sunpak model. I'll be shooting for credit alone..as a side note, I'm only 13.

Thanks again,

Phil,

No worries, man -- you're 13, it's your church: no one's expecting Ansel Adams the first time out. You'll do fine. :D Use whatever flash you've got, and concentrate on learning -- the goal isn't to be perfect, it's just to be better next time than you were last time.

Indoor's going to be a pain without extra lighting. I don't suppose you have access to a building with a huge North-facing window? ;)

Your best bet is to take the shot outside about an hour before sunset and make use of the available light. The on-camera flash might work for a little fill, try it with and without.

Use a tripod either way. You'll probably want to use the self-timer to minimize shake.

As far as settings go, I'd set it to aperture priority and let the camera do the rest.

Most reactions

Back