Experience with Capture NX2?

JerryinToronto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm waiting for delivery of my D90. I've been using Photoshop Elements 6.0 but find it a bit complicated, don't like the GUI that much. Does anybody have experience with Nikon NX2? I'm going to try a 60day trial of it.

people at the nikon forums seem to like it..... i think it's garbage...

Lightroom 2 IMO way better for developing RAW... the new local adjustment brush gets my outta using heavier processing software about 90% of the time...

I know this is old, but...

I have been using photoshop cs2 for about 2 or so years now, and I just recently was given capture nx2 from a friend for christmas. I absolutely love it. it's basic, but it has everything I need and it's so easy to use. i'm really loving it so far -- i'm getting great results with it.

Much like the previous version, it is bloated and poorly written. It has all the functionality required in such a program, but is slow and painful to use, not very workflow oriented, and a pain in the arse when editing lots of photos.

Try the Lightroom trial while you are at it. Only a handful of people here at best would recommend captureNX over Lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back