Experience with Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 EX DG

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, just wanted your opinion on this Sigma 24-70 f/2.8. Was thinking of picking it up for a general purpose lens over the equivalent Canon L. I do not do much wide shots (yet) to warrant spending so much cash on another L. Just need a sharp walk-around lens will suffice for days at the beach, park, B-days, etc. Will probably ditch my 24-105 f/4 L due to lack of use also. Thanks for the help.

I got this lens several months ago as a replacement for my kit lens. I am really happy with it and it holds up well. I have been leaving it on my camera the majority of the time and it is a great walk around lens. Currently I am using it more than the 50mm prime I have and I love the way it performs. It also gets really good reviews:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=97&sort=7&cat=37&page=2

I have 3 sigma lenses (only tried the EX ones though) and they all perform very well. You can't go wrong at about $400 for this lens I think.

I got this lens a few months back to go on my Canon. I really like it. Its a fast lens that is versatile enough for many situations. I carry this lens and a 10-20mm and a 70-300mm, and find myself using this for most shooting I do.

It's got pretty good build quality, has fast glass, and the image quality is great. The contrast is good, has great color, and pretty low distortion. I think you can get better lenses, but for the money this is probably about as good as you'll get.

My only complaint is that the AF is a little slower than I'd like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back