Experience with video, need help transitioning to photography.

Chris_Harp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, first post here. I'm looking for a digital camera under 500 dollars, with a decent amount of manual controls. I'm utterly befuddled as to what to buy, I tried the search function and it was too much information to handle. I know my way around a video camera, with a few years of experience with a canon gl 2 and a few other semi pro cameras. I'd really like to try my hand at photography, I've been much better at composing a frame then I have at any other aspect in video, so I figure this is a logical choice. A friend of mine recomended the Rebel...? Any idea's? I'm not a totally helpless beginner, and I'll happily do some more research if pointed in the right direction. :)

With that budget, a digital SLR is a bit of a stretch. A Nikon D40 or D40x and Canon Rebel XT might be within range. Maybe even the Sony or Panasonic. Granted you will be starting with the kit lens, but it will be a good way to go until you figure out what you want to shoot. A high-end point andd shoot might be another route. Canon G7 or G9 comes to mind.

Most reactions

Back