Experiences with Crumpler Photo-Bags?

YoungRebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

My Tamrac System 3 bag is just a little too small for all my equipment...

So, I really like the style of the crumpler bags, but can't figure out if there really as good as they look....maybe someone has experiences with'em and can make a statement on their protection, quality, resistance etc.

I'm especially interested in following:
Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home Photo Bag
CrumplerThe Brazillion Dollar Home Photo Bag

You can see my equipment in the upper section of my signature...

Thanks a lot
Patrick

Well I have the 7 Million Dollar home and I just got my wife the 5 Million Dollar home.
I have to say the build quality is top notch; the flexibility of the interior is great.
I have been very happy with mine and it offers great protection and lots of room for everything you have. One of the best things it does not look like a camera bag and you can get everything out without having to set it down.
I highly recommend it!

I have a Crumpler bag for my laptop: it's the best laptop bag I've ever owned: ergonomically brilliant, great quality, and lots of hidden pockets and handy storage features included. Well thought-out bags. I'd recommend the brand in general.

Ok, Thank you both!!!

I just ordered the 7 Million Home Photo Bag, should come next week.

I will write a little review with pics after testing it...

Thanks

I actually do not like them .. but that is more for the style. I just do not like the crumpler style at all.

you'll love your Crumpler, I have The Six Million Dollar Home and The Whickey and Cox, I like mine.
The shape and the design are unusual, great quality, comfortable, good padding and protection... Although the straps are very reliable but they are very loud also...

I have the keystone backpack, and it is really well made..my only complaint would be the stiff back pads that are not to comfy when wearing, but it's probably to better protect your equip. I found one like new on ebay for like $70, just beware of fakes I guess.

I've got one of the little ones to carry round a 350D body fitted with a standard 18-55mm, plus one other lens (usually my 70-200mm f4/f5.6). You can get a few other bits in it, spare card etc. but that's about it. It's very well made and seems tough as old boots. It only really gets used when I'm going lightweight, but does the job rather well.

I have the keystone backpack, and it is really well made..my only complaint would be the stiff back pads that are not to comfy when wearing, but it's probably to better protect your equip. I found one like new on ebay for like $70, just beware of fakes I guess.

I have this bag as well. Paid a lot more then that new though. I find it great. The material is very durable, and build quailty is great!

Although somewhat of an annoyance, the feature which prevents any zippers from being opened while having the bag on is valuable when preventing your equipment from being stolen.

The interior sections are great, however I wished their velcro was a bit stronger. Then again, it probably wasn't desgined for what I have in it:

XTi Body,
18-55 USM F3.5-5.6 kit lens,
70-200 F2.8L
580EX flash,
and some other odds and ends.

I like that it also has a removeable pouch that can be replaced with a laptop.

The build is designed also so it's fairly stiff. I wanted this as I will be using it the odd occasion to go dirt biking and snowboarding with my camera gear. It's firm enough that I think it will take a reasonable fall without too many problems.

I find the comfort of the bag to be pretty good. The back peice is stiff, but I find it still comfortable.

I recommend their gear.

Most reactions

Back