Experiments in Saturation

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been playing around a bit with the saturation in my pictures lately in Photoshop because all I have is a crummy cheap digital at the moment. Left the real cameras in Australia. Anyway, I'm not happy with my originals - I think they're dull and have no colour. So let me know what you think of the original and the more saturated, more contrasted photo. Be brutal! Also you can check out other photos I've done this to at my blog. www.victoriawall.blogspot.com

Please don't look at the second one until you've looked at the first. That way you won't be biased. Thanks

Cheers,
Vicky

The Boat Cafe, England
(The Original)
The%20Boat1.jpg

The edited
The%20Boat2.jpg

It's oversaturated IMO. It's not really the camera that is giving you the low contrast lack luster photos... it's the lighting.

I agree, too much.

But it's all subjective. If you like it, others probably will. It looks less real and more like a fairyland image when you tinker with PS in this manner. If that's what you're trying to achieve, you have it here. But if you want realism, you need to tone it way back. :)

All I could see was the original while reading your text, and I was thinking that the saturation looked pretty good. When I saw the edited one I was shocked. I think it is indeed way overdone.

Digital Matt said:
All I could see was the original while reading your text, and I was thinking that the saturation looked pretty good. When I saw the edited one I was shocked. I think it is indeed way overdone.

Same thing. To my taste it looks a brutal oversaturation :)

I agree it's way over done, but it looks like a scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back