Exploring the Urban Environment.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by itsbudda, Apr 24, 2010.

1. itsbudda

itsbudda TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A set of various film and digital pictures I've taken around Cincinnati over the past year. Critique is welcome and encouraged. I've been shooting for about 5 years but didn't start taking it seriously until about a year ago. I'm was totally self taught but have just started taking classes at Antonelli College. So feel free to point out everything i'm doing wrong and rip my pics apart. I It can only help me build myself better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wozza

Wozza TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Would be easier to comment on if the pics were numbered. Anyways, love the 4th one but feel it would be even better if it had a slight rotation to make the horizon straight.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not only would it be much easier if the photos were numbered, but in order to really "rip photos apart", you should post one, maybe three at the most, at any given time, for people will only pass general remarks on an amount of photos as big as this one here (11!!!).
    Anyway, my favourite of the entire series is 4, too. It is (easily) the best of the bunch.

4. mle

mle TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi
    The first, third and fifth seem to me to have been included for sentimental reasons. That can be cool but often at the expense of other aims when choosing what to show and building rhyme or reason for the sequence. Pictures two and six seem to me a natural pair (maybe with the inclusion of four). Two and six have a similar density and maybe share an objectivity and aesthetic. Seven and eight possibly also but they are less engaging. Nine could mix with two and six if it was in color.

Overall i prefer the UrBex sequence of one through five. After that, as a set of pictures, it looses continuity. I'd choose the second, fourth and sixth as the best of the bunch, in no particular order.

5. itsbudda

itsbudda TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments. All good points. Posting less would make sense. There was no particular sentiment for 1,3,or 5. I just liked them.

6. rehan507

rehan507 TPF Noob!

I like 3rd and last pictures, good work,keep it up :D