Exploring the Urban Environment.

itsbudda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A set of various film and digital pictures I've taken around Cincinnati over the past year. Critique is welcome and encouraged. I've been shooting for about 5 years but didn't start taking it seriously until about a year ago. I'm was totally self taught but have just started taking classes at Antonelli College. So feel free to point out everything i'm doing wrong and rip my pics apart. I It can only help me build myself better.

DSC_02461.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

FH000002-1.jpg

FH000008.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

FH0000032.jpg

R2-14.jpg

R2-18.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

R1-0.jpg

Would be easier to comment on if the pics were numbered. Anyways, love the 4th one but feel it would be even better if it had a slight rotation to make the horizon straight.

Not only would it be much easier if the photos were numbered, but in order to really "rip photos apart", you should post one, maybe three at the most, at any given time, for people will only pass general remarks on an amount of photos as big as this one here (11!!!).
Anyway, my favourite of the entire series is 4, too. It is (easily) the best of the bunch.

Hi
The first, third and fifth seem to me to have been included for sentimental reasons. That can be cool but often at the expense of other aims when choosing what to show and building rhyme or reason for the sequence. Pictures two and six seem to me a natural pair (maybe with the inclusion of four). Two and six have a similar density and maybe share an objectivity and aesthetic. Seven and eight possibly also but they are less engaging. Nine could mix with two and six if it was in color.

Overall i prefer the UrBex sequence of one through five. After that, as a set of pictures, it looses continuity. I'd choose the second, fourth and sixth as the best of the bunch, in no particular order.

Thanks for the comments. All good points. Posting less would make sense. There was no particular sentiment for 1,3,or 5. I just liked them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back