Expodisc

After spending $100 (less than the cost of an ExpoDisc) on a colour checker passport I get a GretagMacbeth colour checker chart, a white balance adjustment chart, and a quality grey card in a tiny conveniently pocket sized hard ABS case. This has already survived one roll down about 20 stairs.

Holy crap. I had no idea they were that much. I figured less than 20 bucks...

I can't remember what I paid for my WhiBal ($30-40, I think), and most people probably think that's overpriced!

Best $80 I've ever spent..... Here I am in Death Valley several years ago; no canteen, but wearing my trusty Expodisc!

4349276466_d3431e8464.jpg

That's good info, Green Li. Can you post the side-by-side comparison shots?
Sure thing. I've got those images with the histograms in the review, but here they are:
expodisc-neutral-example.jpg
expodisc-portrait-example.jpg

neutral / portrait

After spending $100 (less than the cost of an ExpoDisc) on a colour checker passport I get a GretagMacbeth colour checker chart, a white balance adjustment chart, and a quality grey card in a tiny conveniently pocket sized hard ABS case. This has already survived one roll down about 20 stairs.

Holy crap. I had no idea they were that much. I figured less than 20 bucks...

I can't remember what I paid for my WhiBal ($30-40, I think), and most people probably think that's overpriced!
The shop I bought my 80-400 threw in one for $30 for me when I asked about it. Otherwise I wouldnt have bought one.

I didn't like mine and sold it on eBay (for a painful fraction of what I paid for it...sigh). I prefer the grey card, myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back