Exposure and WB ~

If the goal is to maximize the exposure for your RAW format, you're SOOL in the field unless your carrying a IPS monitor with a dark room to check your images...

The EVF will get you a hell of a lot closer than an OVF or even a sun lit crappy rear of the body LCD...

The OP was sharing his thoughts. I didn't see any jest in there. He didn't poop in the referred post either.

Wait ! The IPS monitor will probably need to be recalibrated in the field...

I got it, lets learn to read the actual code of our RAW files and print them as text...

Or frame the memory card with a note: In here is a perfectly exposed picture of a lion.

Shall we continue the ridiculous denial of the conversation further ?

If the goal is to maximize the exposure for your RAW format, you're SOOL in the field unless your carrying a IPS monitor with a dark room to check your images...

The EVF will get you a hell of a lot closer than an OVF or even a sun lit crappy rear of the body LCD...

The OP was sharing his thoughts. I didn't see any jest in there. He didn't poop in the referred post either.

I got the darkroom; picked it up from Alex Gardner's estate sale, but that IPS monitor sure sounds cumbersome. OK, so this may be way out there in left field, but since all my camera's have built-in light meters and I have that little one that fits in my hand, maybe I could just use those?

I'm one of the folks here at TPF who posts a lot of photos. If you do a search with my user name you'll find scores of posted photos which attest to my ability to use those light meters with precision.

Joe

-----------------------------------

Sorry Lew, but a couple of beers plus that IPS panel was more than I could resist. Maybe if it was just a PVA panel or a TN laptop display I could have walked away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back