Exposure help

blakklabelx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, i'm new to photography, and my problem is i cant seem to get this picture exposed right. im using a fujifilm s5700 camera, nothing special, and using the natural light setting.
2008_1027blondie0014.jpg

as you can see the right side of the photo is extremely overexposed, so im wondering what settings i should use, in the manual mode, and how to fix this on a photo editor? thanks.

Your camera is pointing into the light, your problem is underexposure because of this, if you have an exposure lock function on the camera lock it on the grass before taking the shot, however this will blow out the hilites even more but at least your subject will be correctly exposed. As it stands the image looks pretty ok on this monitor but then again I havent calibrated this for over a month. H

I suggest waiting till it starts getting dark out. The difference between the shadows in the tree and the sky is just too much. In mid-day sun you're going to have to either blow out the sky, or have no detail in the leaves. You won't be able to get detail in both.

Wait for better light.

Most reactions

Back