Exposure?

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've already posted these but I am about to show these to my client but wanted to make sure that the exposure is okay on these. Photobucket has made them look de-saturated, but they are not. What do you think of the exposure?

5091wF82.jpg

IMG_5137F11w.jpg

IMG_5232F82.jpg

I think they're all flat and lack "snappiness". Maybe bump the saturation, mess with the contrast? Were they RAW to start? The third one has some real bad issues with the background. It looks really "flat", no depth.

I don't know anything about PhotoBucket so I can't say for sure what to tell you to do.

On my monitor, they do look a little off. Too much blue/green and not enough red.

What color space did you have them in while working on them?

I edit them in sRGB. Is there a secret to getting them to look better through Photobucket? I have had so many issues with them but don't know how else to upload them for loading here.

FINALLY!!! Thanks to this post and my desire to figure out why on earth my pictures always looked so different, I finally figured it out. This is what the picture is supposed to look like. I'm only going to upload one since all the others are saved wrong. Goodness, I am glad I got this figured out.

2.jpg

I edit them in sRGB. Is there a secret to getting them to look better through Photobucket? I have had so many issues with them but don't know how else to upload them for loading here.

I use Picassa, the colours always seem to be accurate, see the sample below. As to your question though, the exposure looks pretty good to me.

trees.jpg

This is a bit off topic, but why would you be showing you clients the photos in Photobucket?

This is something you should be doing on your own website or in person.
Just my 2 cents

This is a bit off topic, but why would you be showing you clients the photos in Photobucket?

This is something you should be doing on your own website or in person.
Just my 2 cents

I show my clients their photos through websites. The only reason I use Photobucket is to upload the pictures to thephotoforum.

The problem was that I wasn't saving them correctly. There was one more button that I needed to click and it made all the difference.

so far I've only found PhotoShelter to be the only 'hosting' site that doesn't adjust sharpening, contrast or saturation. You have to pay for service there to make it worth while, but that's something you can work into your pricing. There's also an e-commerce section that allows your to build a 'website' for clients to view photos, but I've never used it. I just use PhotoShelter as one method of backing up originals.. which isn't a bad idea either.
There are probably a good handful of sites similar to this, but I stopped looking when I found PhotoShelter. Sorry if that sounded like an advertisment..

When saving it, I needed to check to save to "Embed Color Profile".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back