Expressing songs through photographs

Matis609

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm hoping to choose songs and express the emotion or psychology of the songs in a photograph. Im struggling with how to express different genres or types of music I listen to into photographs. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

Atmosphere - Gods bathroom floor

4164155760_35dc5207e9_b.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5VaEmTVmc]YouTube - Atmosphere - Gods Bathroom Floor[/ame]

I actually have to take the pictures though- I will have access to Chicago tomorrow. I can't take a picture of BIg Ben or something like that. Its also not supossed to convey the song through the lyrics or literally. More of the psychology of it. Thanks for the advice.

I can't find a download of that song anywhere... iTunes, Amazon, etc... what is it called? On what album is it? It doesn't seem to be on Overcast.

I'm hoping to choose songs and express the emotion or psychology of the songs in a photograph. Im struggling with how to express different genres or types of music I listen to into photographs. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

Although a lot of photographers have done this type of thing, you should be aware that it violates the copyright of the song in several ways Principal among these are: public performance without the permission of the music creator and illegally modifying the "context" of the song by linking it to a particular series of photographs.

If you had the "misfortune" of having someone in the music business see your photo/music presentation, for example, you could be in financial hot water to say the least.

skieur

Hmm one way round that is to use royalty free music - that would certainly be the safer route to take

...that hangs printed over my desk, btw.

Inspiring,...but it won't prevent you from getting sued if you are not careful. Disney for example has even sued school boards for showing Disney videos to the students without permission/license.

skieur

Hi all, my first post on here. Just saw this thread and remembered a college project I had to do on this last year. Not great photos but the ideas I had were more stop motion anyway. I hope you like them. I had great fun even if I ended up covered in fake blood

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqS-bxcAdDo]YouTube - Little Soul College Project slideshow[/ame]

...that hangs printed over my desk, btw.

Inspiring,...but it won't prevent you from getting sued if you are not careful. Disney for example has even sued school boards for showing Disney videos to the students without permission/license.

skieur
Oh relax. People are too uptight about law suits. If you have no assets all that can happen is a cease & desist letter. They're not going to spend $6,000 on a lawyer to stop a high school kid (or a grown up living paycheck to paycheck). And fine art is fair usage. It seems like he is doing it for an assignment anyway.

...but I'm not a lawyer, and find this stuff uninteresting.

Create good work, then worry about whom your pissing off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back