Expressive Singer

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markgalliano.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a local singer friend of mine doing what he does best!

C&C welcome!

IMG_4800_1.jpg

IMG_4821_1_1.jpg

I just dont love them...cant think of anything to say

Thanks rymo!

yeah been playing around with sh*t loads of different setting but the club where i go has some very VERY low lighting so i have to use my pop up flash for the moment... so i lose out on the feel of the colours in the night...

The light is what ruins these photos. Don't use the build in flash, you just end up with harsh shadows, black backgrounds and very flat and ugly lighting. Try using the existing light.

tried using it, but i have to bump up to ISO 400 and it starts getting noisy! and then due to low lighting slow shutter speed so i dont get clear pictures!!

its a no winner in this club! haha

It's pretty common to shoot at ISO 1600 at gigs. Noise in live photos isn't such a big deal. And there is always noise reduction software.

For some (compact) cameras, ISO 1600 is no longer an option. They go up to ISO 400, and in compact cameras, that ISO produces an awful lot of noise, much more (read: much!) than the equivalent ISO number produces in DSLRs. When I (did it once!) use ISO 400 in my Powershot, not even NeatImage can fight the amount of noise.

That said, however, the on-camera flash does kind of (only kind of) "ruin" these photos because of its directness and shallow range (bright object, black background).

But I still think that you captured his expressive-ness well!

yeah the expression is what i was looking for... and as u said about the ISO, thats one of the flaws of the powershot series, anything above 400 forget about it! its almost snow! hahaha

Use a tripod and natural light. Up the ISO a bit, along with higher exposure and you may be able to get better results.

Use a tripod and natural light. Up the ISO a bit, along with higher exposure and you may be able to get better results.

Thing is though, you are shooting moving subjects.. Tripod wont help a whole lot.

That's what I was thinking, too, after having read Darrell's comment: he's moving a lot. If you want to recognise some of his face in the end, sometimes using slow shutter speeds is not an option. And when all you have is a compact camera, then going onto high ISO is no option, either, since they go no higher than 400 ISO.

i dont really consider mine a compact camera as such... but i can go up to ISO1600, thing is its far too grainy! i will look for one i took at ISO 800 and post it here, see what you guys think...

Ah you have a compact. I missed that.

Most reactions

Back