extension tubes.

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered a set of these but have not got them yet.. I kind of started to wonder what happens if you try to use them as a teleconverter. I am going to guess they only work well for macro but....

do they give you extra reach if you want to use them like a TC

They won't work as a teleconverter. They're tubes. Empty on the inside. No glass elements.

Thanks. I know its just a empty tube but I figured moving the lens farther away might give it a little more zoom.

Moving the lens further away allows you to focus closer. It won't gain you any 'zoom'. In fact, you'll lose the ability to focus at infinity.

Thanks.. hopefully these will work out well for macro, seems like they should do pretty well. I notice my kit lens will allow me to focus pretty close already compared to my other lenses. hopefully with the tubes ti will focus extremely close. I guess Ill find out when they get here.

Don't be surprised if your kit lens won't autofocus. Very few kit lenses are able to auto focus with an extension tube.

I'd also start with the shortest tube and go from there to see which length is optimal for what you want to achieve. The longest extension will give you a razor thin dof and makes it very very difficult to focus.

If you buy the three tube set and put all three together you get so close that lighting the subject becomes very difficult and you see why the Ring Flash was invented.

I was actually wondering what the ring flash was for. That makes sense.

I got a set of 3 tubes with auto focus so hopefully auto focus will still work if not than well manual focus should be fine

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I had a screw on macro thing a while back. I remember you moved the camera slightly and it lost focus, it was kind of a pain to get a good focused shot but i did get some nice ones with that.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back