External Hard Drive

but do you need ethernet for that purpose?

do we know which brand harddisk they use in there?

Ethernet or USB. They also have 10/100/1000 USB 2 drives.

Steve

Well not that the jewel cases are fool proof, but the paper sleeves are more prone to fungus. I keep my DVDs in jewel cases inside plastic containers to keep the humidity down.

I'm sure it's only a big problem in my Florida garage!

got too much data to backup on DVD .. i backup on harddrives which these days is much cheaper than tape backup.

. . . i just bought another 160 gb drive yesterday

i go through 80gb of images in 4 months if i'm conservitive

i use mostly seagate. i have a 160GB ultra in a usb external enclosure, been using that for a while. i just recently got a 400GB seagate external. not much to report on that.

id recommend getting an internal hd and then an external enclosure, cuz you can swap the HD if it goes bad or just to swap for if youre not using the hd anymore. its nifty.

I have a 250gb packard bell ext. harddrive and its brilliant

never had any trouble.

Don't waste money on all in one brand name solutions. A cheap external enclosure with USB support costs around 30-70USD depending on if you want one with powersupply without and what harddisk it can hold.

Harddisks themselves can be bought for peanuts these days and I would stick to seagate or western digital as in my experience these have provided by far the best long term reliability.

If you intend to take your hard disk along with you everywhere you go I suggest looking for laptop HDD and HDD enclosures as laptop harddisks are built to withstand significantly more abuse than the standard desktop variants. The downside ofcourse being the increased price and the significantly lower capacity.

I use a cheap drive enclosure with a 350GB Seagate Baracuda.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back