External Hard Drives

How about an ioSafe Solo?

Fireproof up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 mins

Waterproof in up to 10 feet of water for 3 days.

And not really much more expensive than a regular drive. (500GB goes for $149)

:lol: sorry I had to. It's just too cool. Disaster Proof Hard Drives, External USB Devices and Network Attached Storage (NAS) that is Fireproof and Waterproof

Well, either you found something that I didn't or they have a little truth in advertising problem, because here is the cost on the order page for the external 500 gig device pictured on the link you posted. That is for one device with shipping to my location. $249.98 is a lot higher than $149.00

Subtotal: $249.98
Shipping: $15.91
CA Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $265.89

The Whooping 80gig internal device was $199.99.
Here is a link to the purchase page with the prices for the different drives. https://iosafe.com/rugged_usb/500GB-solo-external-hard-drive

As a barbaric killer of poor defenseless animals ( Yes I hunt) my gun safe provides me 3 hours of protection at 2,500 degrees F. as well as being airtight/waterproof and humidity controlled. One backup drive is always stored in the safe.

I thought the same thing, but they've automatically added on an extra 2 years of extended warranty which costs $100.

How about an ioSafe Solo?

Fireproof up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 mins

Waterproof in up to 10 feet of water for 3 days.

And not really much more expensive than a regular drive. (500GB goes for $149)

:lol: sorry I had to. It's just too cool. Disaster Proof Hard Drives, External USB Devices and Network Attached Storage (NAS) that is Fireproof and Waterproof

Well, either you found something that I didn't or they have a little truth in advertising problem, because here is the cost on the order page for the external 500 gig device pictured on the link you posted. That is for one device with shipping to my location. $249.98 is a lot higher than $149.00

Subtotal: $249.98
Shipping: $15.91
CA Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $265.89

The Whooping 80gig internal device was $199.99.
Here is a link to the purchase page with the prices for the different drives. https://iosafe.com/rugged_usb/500GB-solo-external-hard-drive

As a barbaric killer of poor defenseless animals ( Yes I hunt) my gun safe provides me 3 hours of protection at 2,500 degrees F. as well as being airtight/waterproof and humidity controlled. One backup drive is always stored in the safe.

I thought the same thing, but they've automatically added on an extra 2 years of extended warranty which costs $100.

How convenient, add an extended warranty and recover data for a drive that is supposed to be a better safer solution, as the default when purchasing. You got to love how some companies sell something. :lol:

All my external HDs are Western Digital. I highly recommend their drives. Which one to get depends on what you want it for. If it is only going to sit on your desk, you can get a larger drive (both in capacity and physical size). If you are going to need to take it with you when you commute and/or travel, the small ones are great (and they're USB-powered, too, so no power cord to deal with/have die on you someday with the possibility it is no longer made). Definitely get a case for the drive if you plan on bringing it anywhere.

If you're into skinning, you can get skins made at SkinIt.com for WD drives.

Most reactions

Back