Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Nikon Fan, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

It's been the most exciting day ever!!! Myself and 300 other students from my school all were able to go and help on the Extreme Makeover Home Edition Show today :) It was sooooooooooo incredibly amazing!!! We did landscape work, laying sod and picking up rocks and cleanup...we were able to sit for about an hour and watch some filming with Paul, The Aussie guy, and of course TY :heart: :lol: It was quite awesome! They are fixing up an entire camp. They've built a new house, and two other buildings as well. We got to see all the "famous" folks, and were just so blessed to be a part of all of it. The show is truly incredible and inspiring. The camp is for disabled children and the things they go out of their way to do are remarkable. Children that are paralyzed or have no limbs are now able to use a ropes course, including a hang glider thingy. We actually got to see Paul and Ty go off of it when it was finished :) And when we were leaving, a limo pulls up and out comes Lance Bass from Nsync, and he poses for shots with us and even shook my hand (I don't care for boy bands, but hey it was cool none the less). Someone tried to tell him that he didn't have to and he said it was the least he could do for the hard work we did...pretty cool IMO :)

Came home and I was on the local news so that was cool as well :) I can't wait to see the show...its supposed to be on in October...probably late October. I'm not sure how much of our school we be on it (they ran out of blue shirts so we wore our school tshirts, but ABC said they would mail a box of shirts for us) so I don't know what they can show w/o getting in trouble for publicity purposes, but it's all amazing :) I'm still overwhlemed at how they can accomplish so much, this is their biggest project yet. The family returns tommorow and as of today the house wasn't quite done...

Okay, sorry to bore you all, but I am on cloud 999999999999 :) It's quite a feeling to be apart of something like this and to be able to see the show in real life.

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool! Sounds like you had fun!

3. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ty is dreamy :heart:
    Sounds like fun! Did you smuggle a camera in?

4. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Ty is dreamy :lol: Even from a 10ft distance :lmao:

I wanted to take my camera so bad, but it had been raining a lot and I really wanted to work...so I left it, and I'm glad I did although the pics would have been amazing...but I wouldn't have been able to work out all b/c there wasn't anywhere to set the camera...a lady from the school got a press pass and took a camera in and took tons of shots, so she's burning me a cd...I'll probably have the pics in about a week and I'll try to post them in this thread when I get em :)

5. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

6. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awesome amanda! At least this way you get to be in the actual pictures :lol:

7. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

Amanda, this is so AWESOME! I love this show and after reading at your link, it looks like a really deserving project. I can't wait to see the pictures. Don't forget the rest of us now that you have become a TV star! :lmao:

8. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love that show, I watch it almost every time it comes on.
    What do you look like? I want to say "I know her!" :lmao:

I think it's awesome that y'all got to help out!
    If I had the chance I would definately help them! :)

-Chris

9. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

thats awesome that you got to participate, ill be sure to watch it when it comes on!!!! :thumbup: good job

10. ShutteredEye

ShutteredEye TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    WOW! Very cool! I really like this show!!!

11. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    That's really cool! We love that show and you'll have to let us know when your episode airs!

12. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I'll let you guys know when it's supposed to be on...right now all we know is in October sometime.

Chris, if I told you what I looked like I'd have to kill you :lol: Maybe I'll let you know a little closer to time...but for now here's the info you get, I've got curly short brown hair and I had a tshirt on that said Southwest Baptist University...and I was quite muddy too...