extreme shaking due to biking. can it hurt camera?

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I often like to put my camera in my backpack and go for bike rides to see if I find any good pics or to go photograph my skater friends. When my camera is in my bag i try to ride pretty smoothly. I dont do any jumps or anythign besides bunny hopping up a curb if i have to or things like that. Now i was wondering if the jumpign around in my backpack could be bad for the camera?

Right now i have a rebel k2 and am planning on getting a rebel 350 when the funds come in so i guess im asking about that 1 too for the future

my camera is in one of those SLR shaped camera bags inside my backpack

If it's a normal backpack, not that it's terrible for the camera, but I wouldn't carry it in something like that. I wouldn't see a problem with biking with your camera in a camera backpack. They tend to have cushioning for the camera and lenses. The compartments also keep the camera in place, so it doesn't really move at all.

My suggestion is just do what I do... wrap it up in a big thick coat, that way it wont get damaged and if the rain comes on you're sorted :D

If you pack in towels or clothes or raingear around it, it will be fine. This is sortof counter-intuitive, but the tighter it's packed, the better. Even cinch your backpack down so that it doesn't move around on your back too much.

ok ill throw some sweaters or something in here along with it

yeah its like an army kinda style backpack so it has a waist strap and a chest strap which keeps in on me better.

ill get a camera pack after i get the digital, want to save up all my money for now film costs enough to develop.... oh and girlfriends haha

I had a contract once to photograph houses all over a 200 mile radius. I carried a camera with zoom lens with me. after about a year the zoom just fell apart in my hands from the vibration of sitting on a padded seat.

It went a lot of miles first, but the constant vibration most likely isnt good for one, but the other choice is not to take a camera at all. For most of us that isnt an option. You might want to think about whether a less expensive camera just for that might be an option.

Haha my first reaction to this would be if you have to ask... it's probably not good for it. Up to you to decide if it's worth it though.

well ... I tend to take cameras on rather rough tracks while walking.. this includes the occasional sliding down a slope full of rubble or jumping across rivers. .. not sure if it was due to this sort of shake, but I once had failure of the shutter which got damaged. My lenses have proven very sturdy though, never any trouble except water getting into a lens once when I sort of fell into the water ;) .

mysteryscribe said:
I told you alex that was an accident I DID NOT push you.

Easy to say that now!

lol :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back