Extreme Stringholding!

Not a bad shot. Looks a little grainy/noisy in the background darker trees. Is it just me? Was this intentional?
I don't see it, but I probably should wear my glasses while editing.

Try using a level for your next shot.

BANNED :lmao:

I would like the horizon level & the girl on the right side of the frame with the string leading in instead of out.

You say you left the horizon off for a reason but I fail to see why.

I would like that too, Ron. There were people on the left, so I framed it that to exclude them. I left it slanted since there is too much weight on that side of the image. :D I am not claiming that it works well, or my reasoning is sound. It was just my reasoning. *shrugs*

Which tiltshift are you using?

What have you learned so far? I am thinking of a TS, maybe by the end of the year.
90mm. It's very hard to manually focus on the fly. I also don't have the recommended focusing screen for TS lenses, so...

But it adds a bit more to think about when grabing a shot, not just what to focus on, and coompose, but how you want to effectively place the plane of focus.

If that is the reason, I suggest he lost the opprotunity to show action.

BTW, did you notice the girls left hand?
Action? There is no action!
What about her left hand?
the string pulled so hard that the horizon tilted.

Are those horns on her head??
Cat ears.

I'm calling B.S. on the tilt shift... unless you're at a hill's crest or something. The foreground blur looks insanely fake and ends in a sharp edge...

It's not my favorite of yours, Bitter.. but maybe the concept is just over my head or something.
Exactly! The path in the foreground IS higher than the ground she is sitting on. Thus the sharp change. I kinda liked that. :D

You don't have to like everything I do, and everything I do is not awesome, so, now that we cleared that up....

The OP did say that this was an experiment. I don't think he intends to put this image in a gallery of any kind.
Personally I wouldn't expect to find this image in a gallery.

So, we can't post images that are mediocre (at best) up for discussion?

I guess an experiment is an experiment but I don't get it. I by no means hate it, it just doesn't do much for me. I've seen better photos get ripped apart in this place. Not everyone get's the same brutal honesty I guess.

I've seen much worse images getting praised...are we even then? I think a majority of people posting didn't like the image, and stated why. What more can be asked for?

3XTR3M3!!

I know, right?!?

Wait a second... She's not even holding the kite!
That's why it's soooo extreme!!!

It's easily the most horrible image I've seen on this site since I've been here.
I simply cannot believe it was given any type of positive critique.
The OP did however say it was an experiment. Never to be heard from again.

Obviously you are excluding any image posted by you, right?
Did you post here because I didn't give you an adequate response to your nasty Private Messages?

I'm really interested in learning what the reasoning behind the tilt was. I've seen you post many abstract images before and can't help but feel that there is a link some how. To be brutally honest, this isn't my favorite photo of yours Bitter. With that said, I realize you were "toying around" and having fun. None-the-less, it is still far superior to what I could ever achieve and therefore, my C&C isn't worth a can of beans!
So this is another vote for only posting "good" images? I take bad pictures too, and sometimes want to hear what others think. I kinda like this image. Is it great? No.

P.S. Is it just me or is there a light colored, blurred, vertical line vanishing above the subject's head? Could this be the original kite string in the picture? It looks like a bad cloning job or something... No offence (I'm probably way off base anyway). Furthermore, I can't see her eyes well enough but it almost appears that she is looking more forward and up and not to the her right as the string might suggest. Also, she appears to be pointing more forward than to her right as well...Was this girl even flying a kite in the original photo? Of course, I am assuming that there was some PP done to this photo before posting. Just an observation. Nothing more.

Cheers!
- Daniel

Hah! I didn't even see that line behind her head. It's a light pole. As far as PP work, I did a slight crop (from the top), increased contrast, and converted to B&W.

Try using a level for your next shot.
Theres a reason I left it that way. Can you figure out that reason?

You're making fun of a Darrel?
Always.

I'm really interested in learning what the reasoning behind the tilt was. I've seen you post many abstract images before and can't help but feel that there is a link some how. To be brutally honest, this isn't my favorite photo of yours Bitter. With that said, I realize you were "toying around" and having fun. None-the-less, it is still far superior to what I could ever achieve and therefore, my C&C isn't worth a can of beans!

Cheers!
- Daniel

Do you really believe that image is far superior to anything you could ever achieve? Throw the camera away, give it and the lenses to goodwill and end your photography quest now.
It's not better than anything you can capture! Trust me on that.
I looked around and saw some of Bitter's images. They are nice.
This one is a shot in the foot. Then he never came back and explained his experiment.
I think it was a test to see how many people would give him good critique and positive comments on a lousy image.
Back off Mr. Axe Grinder.
I am sorry I don't live up to your expectaions of all my images being nice.
Sorry, I've been too busy to respond in detail. So sue me.
Nice conspiracy theory though. :thumbup:

The bane of the Beginners forum. 34, now 35 replies.

I would hang this in the basement....... behind the furnace.

Haven't read the replies because it is a moot point. Nice excercise for your TS lens though.

I wonder if 007 is the age? I've heard similar immaturity coming from my seven year old... years ago.

Most reactions

Back