alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ooh, my first Dark Side post :D

eye_beholder.jpg

hey matt what are you doing over here :lol: ........ wow, good post tho, she looks great..... i like that the whole of her eyelid is still visable, good cloning work....... good stuff :thumbup:

i realy love this photo! fantastic editing! just beautiful!

Thanks everyone. We had fun with this one. I didn't intend for it to be so "dark". I only went to black on her eye after doing some post processing and realizing the potential to make the marble simulate the eye. Marge and I both love "Clash of the Titans", and this was kind of inspired by the Stygian Witches, who use a glass ball as their eye.

Wow, Matt. Welcome to the darkside...pull up a coffin man....stick around.
With stunning shots like this, I sure hope you post more.
Absolutely love it Matt.:hail: :hail:

Chiller said:
Wow, Matt. Welcome to the darkside...pull up a coffin man....stick around.
With stunning shots like this, I sure hope you post more.
Absolutely love it Matt.:hail: :hail:

Haha, thanks Chiller :)

Whoa, freaky/cool image! Fantastic processing. And welcome to the dark side....

Digital Matt said:
Marge and I both love "Clash of the Titans", and this was kind of inspired by the Stygian Witches, who use a glass ball as their eye.

ha, yea i love that film and remember the witches...... and that did spring to mind when i first saw the glass ball...... i remember they would fight over who's using it!...... good stuff :thumbup:

awesome work here Matt. Very eerie, kinda creepy... i dig it! How did you get skin have the smooth porcelain effect- it looks great!

I haven't been on the forum ages and I had know idea what the dark side gallery was until a few clicks ago. Some interesting stuff here...

Thanks guys.

Mark, the skin is softened by duplicating the background layer, and running a dust and scratches filter on it, usually at around 25-30 pixels, radius 0, and then I put on a layer mask. I paint it on with a 50% grey brush, sometimes lighter, and vary it depending on the area of skin, if it needs more or less. I think in this one, it's at or close to 100%.

wow what a stunning photo. You did a great job here and love what you did with her skin. Clash of the Titans was one of my favorite movies growing up!! I too remember them fighting over the glass eye and who got to have it LOL!!

Most reactions

Back