sarahashleyphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3709851463_e3e4a86672.jpg

& I dont really like this one as much as the other but theirs still something about it....
3711996920_9ee95a0dd3.jpg

I plan to do more macro eye shots like these soon when I get my infrared camera.

they arent really that interesting, which is why you didnt get a reply.

the 2nd one has some DOF, but thats about it.
not surE i like the BW either

I like the 2nd one. It has a good center for the focus and the wide dilation of the eye is cool. Although, the blur in the lower left corner of the eye is a little much, making it distracting. Other then that I think it's a good photo.

The first one is a bit typical. Also the blood vessels are very prominent; making them distracting. Something reflected in the eye that'd be cool. I can see a storm; I have no idea what that would take but it'd be cool.

I love the B&W and I think you have a good subject matter. It just needs a little more work.

As eye shots go, they're kinda ... not pleasing to look at.

Often eye shots focus on the colors and the fascinating details. The focus isn't great on these, you've gone black and white, and it almost looks like you may have been physically too close to the subject for the lens you were using. They're also mildly gross IMO... the blood-shot eye and such... might be an actually cool effect if it weren't for the other elements.

Sorry. This is likely why you didn't get any responses, though... because in this case the "truth" isn't exactly pleasant to give or hear.

Keep trying though... work on the focus, consider what happens when you opt for B&W vs. color... what will they focus on? what will they miss? Is that ok? etc.

ehhh kinda cool..kinda not...

Most reactions

Back