eye strain

As PrimaryCanary said, put the camera down and focus on something far...then switch to something close...then far etc.. It's like stretching for your eye muscles. I have heard that it helps to rub your hands together, to make them warm, and hold them against your closed eyes. The warmth supposedly helps the eyes relax.

I used to get eye strain when I first started working as a designer/drafter...but I don't anymore.

KevinR said:
Can't you get diopters for your camera? They are a small magnifier for the eye piece. I know it helps some people.

I have been welding for ten years and have never got welders flash. I personally believe that is because I have always welded with contacts. And no they won't melt to your eyeballs. ;)

I'd definatly recommend a diopter. You can't use a diopter and contacts, as it would be like putting glasses on over your contacts, but if you would like to take your glasses off...

This would probobly help to reduce eyestrain at least a bit.

I get this as well. I view with my right eye and often the left gets tired. I can sometimes shoot with both eyes open, but not as efficiently. I do wear glasses as well because I am quite nearsighted.

The ever widening use of computers led to a marked increase in the reported cases of eyestrain. Still, too few computer users can identify the early symptoms of eyestrain. They stare daily at a lighted monitor, never noticing that their eyes have come under strain.

Well not that it matters much, but I can shoot an entire wedding (12-14 hours) and not have eye strain. I shoot with ONE eye as my camera has one eye piece, but I can keep both eyes open if I want to fool my subject (works with blinkers pretty well... lol)

For the record, I am 49 and have 22/21 vision according to my optometrist (yearly visits since 13 years old). He has no explanation for why I could spend my entire childhood with my face in either school or music books, and then either computer screens or books for hours a day at least 6 days a week since just after high school school till now.

I'll need glasses one day for sure... I just hope I can extend that to well into my 60's... lol

Christmas Season at my job I was shooting anywhere from 5-8 hours a day every day and then I would come home and shoot or work on the computer on my own, and my eyes were really hurting and strained. It was to the point where I could barely keep my eyes open.

I get eye strains from photo editing. In fact I am a bit rough for the wear at the moment because of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back