Eyes are mirrors in which the soul is reflected

That is one awesome photograph. One heck of a way to introduce yourself on this forum! :thumbup:

Welcome in! and do post more.

ferny said:
How old is she? She looks very young.

Great use of light. I'm impressed!

She was 13 when I took this picture. Now she is 16.

I will try to explain what was on background of this shooting. But sorry for my English. In isn't my native language.

I was in business trip in one city in the middle of Russia. The main task was to make a photo shooting about enamel and icon creation. I stayed in small family house of my friends. One of the best enamel painters that I saw. They have two children – boy and girl. Girl was in this time 13 years old. Because I was a big photo authority for this girl, she proud say for me: “I was in photo model school. I had my portfolio. I paid 250 USD for it” (It was about 1,5 month salary for parents). “OK” – answered I: “Can I take a look”. And she brought big album with pictures. I was really disappointed. It was good from the technical viewpoint , but very bad from poses, compositions e.t.c. These people took pictures from the young girl as from women that has two divorcing behind (or my English is to bad for the right describing). I don’t know what agency it was. What people stays behind it. But it was terrible. All was on first look OK. Dresses, surrounding. But poses!!! Mama mia... All was really a balance between ... I think you can understand me. I tried to explain to her, why these pictures are bad on my viewpoint. I told her:” You only 13. Your body now grows. You need wait some more time. This type of pictures is not for you. You have very nice hair, yeses, you will be very nice.” I unpacked my equipment and took pictures that supported my sayings. On next day I printed them in the nearest lab and presented to her.

This is a small story about this picture. Sorry again for my poor English.

very nice and soft :) pretty

I get you, emayd. The pictures they took were "selling" her in a way that wasn't appropriate or flattering.

The main task was to make a photo shooting about enamel and icon creation.
It's funny that you say that because the face has a doll like quality to it. As is it's made out of porcelain.

Silver melting, one of the first steps of icon creation -
IMG_6130.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back