F-117s fly into retirement

MulesAFpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Monday, I was at the F-117 retirement ceremony at Holloman AFB. It was a nice ceremony. Former SecDef William Perry spoke at the ceremony. The ceremony concluded with a flyby of 4 F-117s on their way to Palmdale, and then Nevada.

Cool Pics. :thumbup: Seems like its early to retire these fighters.

Weren't they strategic bombers & surveillance?

I can't believe they made a plane like that fly! haha..

When you see pictures and see them in real life, their angles and shapes which made them breakthrough technology, also made them look so strange. I've always been intrigued with them though.

the photos are awesome.
it was kinda sad to see them retired however.

Wow, really nice shots! I wonder what the new ones are gonna look like..

Great shots Mules!

I hate to see them retired but apparently the F22 and F35 have all the stealth capability and better manuverability of the F117 and are apparently cheaper to operate.

This plane, along with the old F-4, proved that with enough power, you can make a brick fly!!!

Weren't they strategic bombers & surveillance?

I can't believe they made a plane like that fly! haha..

When you see pictures and see them in real life, their angles and shapes which made them breakthrough technology, also made them look so strange. I've always been intrigued with them though.

They are officially a fighter since their "bombs" were "smart" not "dumb"

aren't they sold to some small developing and politically unstable country now? :p

just kidding, but seen that happen way too often ...

Nice pictures by the way :)

Very nice! Don't get to see one of those everyday. Very impressive. Now thats the way to travel. Sorry its retirement time.

Great shots Mules!

I hate to see them retired but apparently the F22 and F35 have all the stealth capability and better manuverability of the F117 and are apparently cheaper to operate.
The F-22 is the far superior fighter, it's killing a lot of aircraft including one that has not just an impressive but perfect battle record, that being the F-15. The F-117 was an awsome idea that paved the way for some of the newer fighters, but she just can't keep up with the kids.

This plane, along with the old F-4, proved that with enough power, you can make a brick fly!!!

...you forgot the A-10...wait that was a tank not a brick my bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back