Tree stump Madonna carving (bokeh test):
madonna.jpg

Flower (diffused a bit just for fun):
flower.jpg

Pine cones in the making:
cones.jpg

And just for fun- tried to capture the moon (cropped quite a bit, of course):
moon.jpg

Overall- a very good first ("test") roll. Very very pleased, actually.

PS- was surprised how good this 'antiquated' autofocus system drove my "G" lenses!

Yay!! :icon_cheers:

Very impressive results! And now you're primed for film to break your heart :laughing:

Really cool. Glad to see you jump into film head first. It is very satisfying. I actually prefer to shoot film over digital. I hate to scan though. One of these days I will plunge into prints, definitely by retirement. Time is what I lack. I can't wait to finish my role of Portra 160 that I loaded into my newly aquired Minolta Maxxum 9. I am not into auto focus but this one has me rethinking that, lightning quick. I took some cute (hopefully) pics of grand daughter last night. The view finder is glorious on it. Viewfinder is very important to me as I have learned.

Really cool. Glad to see you jump into film head first. It is very satisfying. I actually prefer to shoot film over digital. I hate to scan though. One of these days I will plunge into prints, definitely by retirement. Time is what I lack. I can't wait to finish my role of Portra 160 that I loaded into my newly aquired Minolta Maxxum 9. I am not into auto focus but this one has me rethinking that, lightning quick. I took some cute (hopefully) pics of grand daughter last night. The view finder is glorious on it. Viewfinder is very important to me as I have learned.
Yep- the viewfinder on this camera is SO much better than the classic Nikon FE viewfinder I use. I prefer digital for much of my shooting, but I like the way that faces in portraits portray with film- especially B/W, but all film, really.

Looks like it's operating properly. :encouragement:

I had mine out over the weekend powering it up and exercising it some. Took the strap off for another camera. But have a couple more straps coming. I have quite a bit of film, all exp though.

I had mine out over the weekend powering it up and exercising it some. Took the strap off for another camera. But have a couple more straps coming. I have quite a bit of film, all exp though.
My "old school" FE is a fun bit of nostalgia to use, but this F100 just feels so comfortable, going back-and-forth from the D610. About the same same size, and the controls are so similar! Really a nice shooting experience. This one is a winner!

Expired film is often A-OK, isn't it?

My "old school" FE is a fun bit of nostalgia to use, but this F100 just feels so comfortable, going back-and-forth from the D610. About the same same size, and the controls are so similar! Really a nice shooting experience. This one is a winner!

Expired film is often A-OK, isn't it?
It can be ok if stored fairly properly. Heat reduces its life span quickly.

Congrats on the F100 - looks like you did very well with it. I was dithering over an F100 when a F5 came up at the same price and I snapped it up. So far, I've been pretty happy with it.

Congrats on the F100 - looks like you did very well with it. I was dithering over an F100 when a F5 came up at the same price and I snapped it up. So far, I've been pretty happy with it.
The F100 is pretty much the 'poor man's F5' so if you got one in that price range- perfect!

The F5 is bigger and heavier, but still the gold standard! Congrats.

Most reactions

Back