Facebook Advertising

Has anyone effectively used facebook as an advertising option? Did you have to pay for it to be effective?

I didn't have any luck with the pay-per-click ads, but either way I think the best way to use any of those social networking sites is to use it as an opportunity to actually network. For instance, you might give your most recent Senior Portraits client a shout on their wall telling them that their photos are now available at so-and-so link. Their friends will see the post and likely check out the link; you just might get a referral.

You can also set up a separate profile for your business and use it to get new information out. I have one on Facebook that I use for running prospective ideas by friends of mine to get their "mock consumer" input (i.e., "If you were looking for a photog, would this sound fair to you?").

Those ads could work as long as you're rightfully strategic with the SEO aspect of it..know what your target market is and tailor your campaign accordingly.

I do use the Facebook and Myspace advertising. I have had some return from it as well. I also downloaded a program called friend blaster pro that automaticly adds friends that I specify to my myspace friends. I setup a myspace account for JLykins Photography, put all of my business info on there, and have been targeting people in my area that are listed as engaged. The program goes to the search section finds people that are engaged and sends them a friend request with a little note telling them about us, and what we do. I have had a decent return for this as well.

Most reactions

Back