Facebook page

duehew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know of a Facebook page that is strictly for beginners to learn the CAMERA and not computer programs?? I do NOT want to know how to make art out of photo's just what are the best camera settings and techniques to get good photographs. I am using "M"anual mode on the camera not "A"uto. Thank you.

Does anyone know of a Facebook page that is strictly for beginners to learn the CAMERA and not computer programs?? I do NOT want to know how to make art out of photo's just what are the best camera settings and techniques to get good photographs. I am using "M"anual mode on the camera not "A"uto. Thank you.

Just understand exposure, and remember to be there. Facebook isn't a place to learn skills.

Um.............. why Facebook? You've got a forum that's just chock full of helpfullness right here.

Just understand exposure, and remember to be there. Facebook isn't a place to learn skills.
Thanks, I have been a member in a couple so called beginners photography pages and have been thinking of dropping our. I posed a question last week and got flamed for stating my opinion about photography.

I do NOT want to know how to make art out of photo's just what are the best camera settings and techniques to get good photographs.
But good photographs are art. It isn't just the technical aspects that make a good photo, but also the artistic decisions a photographer makes.

Look into Understanding Exposure and Learning to See Creatively both by Bryan Peterson.

Well, if you state an opinion you need to expect others to express their opinions also.
Re: your question, I would suggest first trying the local library for some basic skills books and some have courses as well. Also there are some websites, like Lynda.com, that have courses at all levels.

The best settings for you photos are going to be the ones that work. There are no stock "settings" to take photos. Even the Sunny 16 rule is just a guide.

Photography is about science, specifically physics. If you don't like or want to learn the basic physics then you need to switch to Program or Auto mode and let the camera decide. If you do want to learn the physics then this is a great place to start. Digital Photography Tutorials

I like the Austin Healy. I still remember the time I drove one long long ago.

This guy named Ansel wrote some good books a while ago on the subject that are worth the read... Sadly he passed away before Facebook was around...

One question, why are you using M mode? Auto Mode is great on the Nikons and frankly makes the best exposure decisions in the majority cases. Are you stuck to M because you are using older lenses that don't allow for auto on the D3200? Manual wont yield better photos unless there is a very specific adjustment you need to make or there is a scenario where the in camera metering is fooled by the lighting.

There are not really "best camera settings" as much as there are the "the right camera settings" for a desired outcome. As for techniques, thats a bit more subjective and will be up to you. Its easy to quantify a blown out or over exposed photo as well as an under exposed photo thats too dark, which is a result of camera settings and possibly mis interpreted light meter readings (unless you were doing this for a reason). On the flip side its harder to quantify the more subjective "technique" that you used as some great photographs were taken using a given technique and other with another technique. The only thing that 99% of photos have in common is that they were taken with a camera...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Which photos were not taken with a camera?

I put the 99% in case some one had some strange case in history that I dont know about. As far as my personal knowledge goes I dont know of any cases but over the years I have learned that just because I am not aware of something does not mean it has not happened :) ...

Most reactions

Back