Facility #101

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
20080718-IMG_0014.jpg

Beautiful :)

Can I ask how you get the colors in your photos? I was just on your site looking a bit ago, and they are amazing. Are you using lights, filters or doing it in PP?

Beautiful :)

Can I ask how you get the colors in your photos? I was just on your site looking a bit ago, and they are amazing. Are you using lights, filters or doing it in PP?

Thanks for the compliment, Im glad you like the work !

Mostly 90% of it is natural cast the lights give off at night. Its a lot different then shooting in daylight. I have never used color filters, gels or strobes on night shots.

I might do a little cross processing here and there, but mostly its natural

-thanks again

Sensational as usual. I like how the symmetry is subtly broken by the stairwell (to the right) and the piping (to the left). The star that you got from the light in the centre of the image is beautiful.

Do you ever use the wrong white balance to purposely get some of your unique colouring?

Usually I don't go too far off kilter with the balance, but ive been known add some heat at times. I like it warm many times.

Prob what looks so unique is that I do adjust shadows and highlights ever so slightly, just bringing out whats really already there and my camera cant display it correctly , I like contrast and balance in my colors as well as in my overall light.

you'd be surprised how little you actually have to do to get interesting pictures without drastically changing things in PS

stunning colours.....I love your work....you inspire me to become a great photographer.

thanks guys !

If this stuff inspires you , please go out one night with jerky and a rockstar drink, tripod and shutter release.

Drive past back alleys of retail centers, drive behind things people dont usually do behind, park in a mervyns/sears parking lot and walk around to the back and see whats there. Theres a crap load of cool stuff right under our noses we dont even know its there.

Find the industrial part of town and see whats in its back and side alleys,
just be safe or take friends with you.

_interested to see what you find,.

We should do a series called Back alleys of the world..

Cool indeed. I just fear the back alleys in NY. Might have to bring body guard/boyfriend. Just have to figure a way to bribe him.:lol:

Most reactions

Back