Failed in my attempt...

Amber_Cullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For a 365 project, lol. I was doing GREAT until I started school, then I realized that I'm just not going to have time to take a picture a day, I was thinking about giving it a go again in the new year. Has anyone else tried 365? Have you succeeded?

Here's what you have to ask yourself.

Did your original 365 project get you thinking about photography?

Did it get your creative juices flowing?

Did it inspire you?

If you answer yes to any one of those questions, then I wouldn't label the endeavor as a failure simply because you were unable to capture an image a day.

i've tried.. and I mean, its easy to take at least one picture a day, but I failed because I wanted to find interesting things to take a picture of... and living where I live, you run out of interesting things fast... (small country town with 1300 people)

So what is this 365 project? Just try to take a picture every day for a year? Or do they need to link together in some way? Or is it just whatever you feel like doing? :p

So what is this 365 project? Just try to take a picture every day for a year? Or do they need to link together in some way? Or is it just whatever you feel like doing? :p

Basically, you take one picture a day, whatever it is you want.

It could be a representation of what happened to you that day, something you bought, someone you met, something you ate....it can be whatever you want, because it is YOUR 365 project :mrgreen:

Here's a good link on how to get started
http://www.photojojo.com/content/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day

I'm actually heavily considering doing this myself, and soon :wink:

Here's an ongoing one that started this year.

LINK!

I've been following it.

there is another option, it's quicker and and usually more student directed.

try taking a picture every day for thirty days ........ one picture, that's it, no editing, if you have the strength try not to look at your prior downloads, no editing.

there is only one catch...... it has to be the SAME SUBJECT, in A FIXED location (something that can't be moved). the pictures DO NOT have to be the same time of day.

try this instead of shooting different subjects once every day. you don't need to post your pictures, it's more for yourself. see what happens as you progress. on day thirty-one .... look at your first picture and last picture. start another thread with your results and share with everybody what changed and how it helped you.

this really is one of those things that if you cheat, it changes the results, and does not benifit the photographer.

here's an idea i saw off of someone else's work.

take a picture of yourself, everyday, same position, same expression. Clothes can change, settings can change, but not you.

i saw a video of a guy who took a picture of himself everyday for 5 years from high school through college...it was a 7-10, maybe even 15 minute video.

very fascinating..you could see the age literally changing every minute or two.

This reminds me of a movie from years ago with Harvey Keitel, he took a picture outside his shop every day? for the time he owned it, the changes were really cool..
I may have some of the details wrong I can barely remember it only that bit.

I want to try the 365 project i would just have to wear my camera around my neck everyday at school and at home it could be quite fun

here's an idea i saw off of someone else's work.

take a picture of yourself, everyday, same position, same expression. Clothes can change, settings can change, but not you.

i saw a video of a guy who took a picture of himself everyday for 5 years from high school through college...it was a 7-10, maybe even 15 minute video.

very fascinating..you could see the age literally changing every minute or two.

but here is the thing with this method and the 365 method. with taking a picture of yourself every day, you pretty much have to frame yourself the same way, use the same lighting ...... nothing changes except the subject being shot. w/ the 365 method, i don't really see what the photographer benefits from..... other than having 365 pictures added to the hard drive. if the photographer has bad habits they are going to use the bad habits for the entire year.
with the 30 day effort, it forces the photographer to change out of necessity. different angles, different lighting conditions, different composures .... the list goes on. it teaches and reinforces and it works with beginners all the way to pro. for beginners it teaches them how to think and for pros it reminds them of forgotten techniecs that haven't been used in forever (unless the photographer doesn't change anything about how they are shooting the subject!). and there is only 30 days to wait and see how your learning or progressing ..... not 365 days or 3 or 4 years. i'm sure the 365 method has it's place. it's not for someone trying to learn fundamentals.

some people who don't have the time for a 365 project start with a 52 project...one shot a week, processed and posted.

So far so good...only missed one day in 5 or 6 months, I'm not going to let that bother me:)

These are all really great ideas and I think the 365 project would really help the newbies to learn more about their own work. I'm definitely going to start the 365 project myself very soon. Are we allowed to edit on the 365 pictures?

Most reactions

Back