Fair Pricing

I just realized something.

Shipping.

I can either pay crazy prices at my local camera store to have my images printed, or go online and have them printed, but then shipping comes into play.

Do you guys make cilents pay for shipping, or do you cover it, and just include that price for the print?

all depends..if random people are ordering prints from an event I shoot, they pay for shipping. If I get hired to photograph an event for a single client for a couple hundred dollars or so , and that price package includes a few prints, I mail them and include that price in my quote as well as whatever I offered them in the package.

The thing is, I decided that I'd charge $18 for a 8x10 finished print.

The person wants 2 prints of each of her son. So $36+$6.45 for shipping. Which would equal $42.45. I somewhat know the mother.

Taking all of the advice from people, I didn't lowball my work considering that I didn't charge a sitting fee [it was for a friend], etc.

If you were a mother, and you saw this young photographer charging $40+ for prints, would you be turned off?

One guy already asked for a print, then changed his mind after hearing it was $24.

And yes, I watermarked the photos online.

The person wants 2 prints of each of her son. So $36+$6.45 for shipping. Which would equal $42.45. I somewhat know the mother.

Taking all of the advice from people, I didn't lowball my work considering that I didn't charge a sitting fee [it was for a friend], etc.

If you were a mother, and you saw this young photographer charging $40+ for prints, would you be turned off?

One guy already asked for a print, then changed his mind after hearing it was $24.

All depends on the print, type of picture, etc. That pricing seems pretty good, mine is around that pricing as well. $6.00 for shipping, that must be like ups ground or something? I don't think that price is bad at all. If its a great photograph, and of course great would be your standards, did it adequately represent what you shot, nice and clear, etc. Then the price is good. You will get people to pay that price, and no it's not an insanely high in my opinion.

All depends on the print, type of picture, etc. That pricing seems pretty good, mine is around that pricing as well. $6.00 for shipping, that must be like ups ground or something? I don't think that price is bad at all. If its a great photograph, and of course great would be your standards, did it adequately represent what you shot, nice and clear, etc. Then the price is good. You will get people to pay that price, and no it's not an insanely high in my opinion.

The 2 prints are two B&W headshots of her two children that I did for a recent production my friend put on. I'm using MPix probably, and the shipping is like $6.45 for 3-5 day shipping.

any low resolution copies to post here?

uncropped, and untouched, just BW as of now

p502673301-11.jpg

p153962186-11.jpg

Thanks for all the help!

Just wanted to let you guys know I made my first sale of 2 8x10 prints!

Pictures look great! and Congrats on the sale. Should be a nice confidence booster for what you feel your prints are worth:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back