Fairwell to my 60D

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I decided to Sell my trusty minty 60D and posted its sale on craigslist and gosh darn it I sold within a few days. I sold it to a guy that came from Manhattan New York on a train to meet me at the Metro North train station in New Haven CT. Turned out to be a awesome guy and we hung out and chatted for about an hour or so. What a great experience to meet another photographer that sheers the same passion as I do. So yesterday was my last pictures ever with my trusty 60D. Blowing nose, wiping tears. Well not really but will miss it for sure. Anyways, once I got through a few that where full of it, I got a real buyer and we also exchanged info as well to chat and share photo stuff as well. I liked this dude right off the bat which is very rear for me to like someone right away. Now I know what its like when all you guys meet up with other photographers, very cool but the only difference in my case is I left with some dollars in the pocket.

Last edited:
Yeah but now you have the 6d

True^^ but still will miss that camera.

I remember when I got rid of my canon, a sad sad day!

Now You have that nice Nikon DF If I recall.:wink:

Now You have that nice Nikon DF If I recall.:wink:

Oh yes. ;-) but I didn't back then. Hahaha. It was a pretty nice begginsrs kit though. I should have held onto it for my kids. Then again- I might not have switched to Nikon. :giggle: but if I still had it, I might be trying to sell it NOW to get some new lens' for my Nikon.

So you went from 60D to 6D. By my calculations, you lost 54D in that transition. That's some serious D to lose.

Anyway, that's always a good deal. I've had one experience like that-guy wanted to buy the grip ring on my Blad's winding knob (I need it for my clumsy hands, so I didn't sell). That's really about it. Good to find real people these days.

So you went from 60D to 6D. By my calculations, you lost 54D in that transition. That's some serious D to lose.

Anyway, that's always a good deal. I've had one experience like that-guy wanted to buy the grip ring on my Blad's winding knob (I need it for my clumsy hands, so I didn't sell). That's really about it. Good to find real people these days.

HAHAH! those indeeds are a lot of Ds to lose! I lost 55Ds, never regretted it.

I don't think ill miss the camera as much as OP tho...

You won't miss it long. You probably already forgot about it...

Not looking forward to that day. I am one of those idiots waiting for the 7dmkii. If it ever happens, I will have to make a decision in regards to my 60D :cry:.

Since it's my first (and only so far) I may keep it as a backup.

Dark please tell me what you think of the 6D and 70-200 f4 IS combo.

Hey Jaca, IMO the 6D with 70-200 f4 really is very good. The focus is fast and dead on accurate. As long as I get my focus point on its intended target, it seems to never miss or back focuses. The IQ, noise and bright viewfinder is fantastic and teamed up with L glass really brings out the best of the 6D sensor and overall performance and it's light enough to carry around all day.

Last edited:
You won't miss it long. You probably already forgot about it...
I will never forget something I grew on and got some of my best bird shots with but the missing part is going away.

I was very close to selling my 5d mkii when I got my 5d mkiii but decided to keep it as a spare body and although it was tough NOT grabbing the $1000+ I was happy I kept it after I broke one of the memory card pins on my mkiii 2 days prior to leaving for a 10 day trip.

Not looking forward to that day. I am one of those idiots waiting for the 7dmkii. If it ever happens, I will have to make a decision in regards to my 60D :cry:.

Since it's my first (and only so far) I may keep it as a backup.

Dark please tell me what you think of the 6D and 70-200 f4 IS combo.

I'm waiting on the announcement of the 7D mk ii as well. If a new sensor and 10 fps with 20+ mp is accurate, it could very well mean the end of my t3i.

Glad the transaction went well for you on CL. Happy shooting with the 6D.

[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on the announcement of the 7D mk ii as well. If a new sensor and 10 fps with 20+ mp is accurate, it could very well mean the end of my t3i.[/QUOTE]

Wifey sold her T3I and there has been a tiny bit of regret (backup stuff).

I just returned from a little vacation and there were several times I wish I did not have to change lenses; as soon as I switched to the 17-40, a stupid bird would fly by.
There will be times I carry two cameras in the future.

10 fps makes a newbie like me quiver. Rumors Rumors - I read they will have a new battery, but was hoping it would be the same as the 60D battery. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back