Fairy Tale Forest

TBel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Fairy Tale Forest in Oak Ridge, New Jersey used to be a small park where you could walk around and look at recreations of fairy tales. It's now abandoned, but I used to go there all of the time so I decided to take another visit.

1.jpg

The infamous big shoe in front of the attraction.

2.jpg

This sign was inside, on a small building that was probably used while the thing was open. Pretty interesting.

3.jpg

A small little pink house. Looks like a dog house. Note young Jack climbing his beanstalk to the left. He's wearing a pretty sexy raincoat.

4.jpg

Hansel in his little cage. Poor kid.. Personally my favorite photo

5.jpg

A large statue of Gilliver was overlooking a small minature town, and I decided to hang out with the towns people a little bit. The minister in the back has seen better days, since a twig almost fell on him.

6.jpg

For me, this is the creepiest picture I took. They had snow white's house complete with all 7 dwarves. One of the windows into the house was broken, so I stuck my hand in, rested my camera on the end of a bed, and took a picture. Really strange.

7.jpg

The creepiest part of the whole adventure was this old lady, who apparantly is the witch that locked Rapunzel in the tower. Her face was disturbing. I can't believe they let little kids like me see this stuff.

8.jpg

One little house housed a bunch of ravens hanging out. This one likes Christmas ornaments.

9.jpg

Portrait of Gulliver.

10.jpg

We saw this gnome as we were leaving. He was a nice pick-me-up after all of the really creepy stuff.

11.jpg

Robin Hood. Complete with huge fingers.

12.jpg

This little house castle thing was dug around so it sort of was in the middle of nowhere. At least it had a nice paint job.

What I do not understand at all is how it can all become abandoned but still THERE, so "there" that even the napkins and plates are still around in that house where the ravens had decided to live now. No one - neither vandals nor officials - takes anything away, but apparently everyone still has got the chance to go there (else you would not have been able to take these photos). But even the fake flower pot and fake oranges are still on the window sill of the witch's house who keeps Hänsel in his cage! (This one IS the nicest photo of the series because of the side light!)

Here, it would either be totally blocked off by locks and chains and whatnot so no one can go there, or it would be vandalised. One of the two ... but it would not be abandoned and still left intact like here!

:scratch: Please tell me that the Raven is "stuffed" and not alive! If it is alive that is a remarkable picture. Wonder if he was hanging the balls or taking them down?

there was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children she didn't know what to do...

Ok, i guess we all know it.

Great shots, Tbel!

Alexandra said:

Eh ... I don't!
C'mon, Alexandra, tell me an American fairy tale, please. :hugs:

LaFoto said:
Alexandra said:

[7quote]

Eh ... I don't!

The thing you don't know Lafoto.. is we all live in shoes (and igloos) over here. ;)

Very interesting set of photos you have TBel!

LaFoto said:
Eh ... I don't!
tis rather a short poem... goes something like this:

she had so many children she didn't know what to do.
she gave them some soup
without any bread
she gave'em all a spanking
and sent them all to bed.
:mrgreen:

Ah. Thanks :D
Well, I have never heard that before. Is that what kids are being told before they must go to bed?

it could be interpreted as a kind of social propagand... tryin to make kids understand that people live in dumps, are poor and violent towards their families... but that would be really far-fetched... it really is just a little poem, like a limmerick...
Before kids go to bed, they get told how the tooth fairy once cut herself on one of Dracula's baby-fangs and has since become the dreadful blood-sucking tooth fairy.
Anyway, good nite.

Most reactions

Back