Fakeography

Being an enthusiastic begining amateur, I have already formed the opinion that what is "offensive" or "wrong" to one photographer, is the pinnacle of art to another.

In the end, unless you are trying to sell your work, whether it is good or bad is something that is important to only one person... you yourself.

Have fun doing whatever you like, because in the end thats all that really matters.

On all forums that I stopped attending, it is the lack of knowledge of photography that holds sway since digital, computers, have taken over the acute mind of a photographer. There is no acute, narrow focused mind in a digital photographer that has never been in a darkroom. Neither is there any interest as, in a digital photographers mind, any reason to do an exposure themselves. A little knowledge works. A lot of knowledge as to exposure is a pain.
Money can be made, or accolaids on forums, for a kick in the pants as to pretty ignorant photography. The cameras computers serial # should be what is your username.

I will be proved correct. It is Darwinism at it's opposite. You folks who have no ability to take a decent photograph without a computer need to study, not post. Quite a load I see here. The usual stuff and junk.

Don't mean to offend. Cut me off, Moderators, if you think I am offending the minds of your residents.

I liked it Crotograph. I put my jammies on right when I saw it. I got COLD!

No offense taken here bro.

I miss having use of a darkroom, but love digital just as much now. I remember when digital started to get big. NO WAY MAN! That's not photography!?!? I went and bought an RB67. A few months later I tried a DSLR. I didn't touch the RB for over a year and finally sold it.

I agree that WAY too much digital processing can ruin a photo, but I like this one. :)

OK, I have left myself open to detractors who want to start the digital/film argument. Sorry, it isn't here. A digital camera in the hands of one who knows photography can work wonders.

Ok, first off let me say that I whole heartedly agree with this statement. The digital/film argument isn't here, nor do I want to start it. Both mediums are capable of phenomonal pictures. However, you seem to have a mindset that the only people who know photography are those who have shot with film. That may be the way you learned photographic knowledge, but I think you need to realize that your way may not be the only way.

There is no acute, narrow focused mind in a digital photographer that has never been in a darkroom.

I'm assuming (because this statement is rather unclear) that by this you mean a mind that is highly attuned to exposure technique, light quality, light control, compostional vision, and all the other things that a photographers mind "see's" differently. (If this is not what you meant, by all means enlighten me). I'd love to see some hard evidence of this very general statement. Again, it shows through very clearly that you believe those who have graced the inside of a darkroom are imparted with special powers unavailable to the rest of us ignorant digital users.

Neither is there any interest as, in a digital photographers mind, any reason to do an exposure themselves. A little knowledge works. A lot of knowledge as to exposure is a pain.

I tried to decipher this, but just can't do it. What does this even mean?

The cameras computers serial # should be what is your username.

I will now ask the same question I posed in my previous post (which you completely avoided last time): Do you think digital cameras and computers take the pictures for us?

I know that you have already stated you are "Just really starting on the internet and digital". If this is the case, perhaps you need to learn a little bit more about the digital photography world before dismissing it's photographers in broad, sweeping statements.

Jason

After having used PHotomatix for a while I must say it is not cheating to use this program at all. yeah it makes any picture look abit more interesting but honestly the results are best when you know how to set up a shot and light it correctly knowing how you will be editing it afterther shot is done. For landscapes I have stopped using it, its just to fake but I have found for people HDR really ads to a photo, keep it subtle though. Any jackass with a computer can run a photo through photomatix but only people who understand its practical application and using light creatively when shooting are going to make consistantly stunning images.

I agree that WAY too much digital processing can ruin a photo, but I like this one. :)

I agree. Most of the time, people go trick with editing digital and it wears thin and becomes boring, very fast.

These guys (assuming they aren't ladies) are way too full of themselves, with lines like these below. Or did they just dropped in to stir the pot?

Oh I'm so pure and only shoot film. Digital isn't "real" photography.

I edit in the camera and don't use Photoshop. Editing and effects are Fakeography.
There is no acute, narrow focused mind in a digital photographer that has never been in a darkroom.

Challenge for

Mufasa
crotograph

Enter the monthly contest here and show us how good you are. Talk is cheap! :hail::lol:

Well, first off, i think photography should be what ever the person wants it to be. If someone wants to be creative or try to gain an effect on a lense they can't purchase just yet, then go for it.

But as for just taking something at the time of the exposure, a person could do quite a bit. Doing multiple exposures on one frame can do many wonderous things. Or if you wanted to remove a single object, it's possible to etch the glass of a filter to blur out a streetlight or something else.

So i guess a better definition of what 'fakeography' really means. But going back to the fact that however a person wants to do photography, they should do it regardless, unless it's hurtin someone else directly.

The only difference in todays digital age and film is we are able to do it ourselves rather than very expensive retouchers. Manipulation has been around forever. Back in the day if you wanted to remove a telephone pole it would probably cost you $20 - $50 for that work...now... boom, gone in 30 seconds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back