Fall Color

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Dao, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

After a week of colder weather, we had a wonderful weekend here in St. Louis. So I took some pictures in the nearby park. Here is one.

One thing I do not like is the focus on the bottom of this picture. But when I crop it out .... it seems missing something. I may need to retake this one if the weather is as good as yesterday.

[​IMG]

2. Brutus

Brutus TPF Noob!

Nice shot! I always have trouble getting the colors I want out of shots like this, looking up trees. What kind of settings did you use? I think the blur on the bottom is fine, but do agree maybe a bit less would be better. I think the base filling the bottom of the frame, allowing you to follow the curve of the tree is what you miss out on when you grop it. I might even crop a bit off of the left side...

3. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

Thanks Brutus,

I think you are right about the left side crop. I may want to crop a little on the left side and little on the bottom and see. :)

Here is the details F/2.8 (Aperture Piority), 1/320, ISO400 on a 14mm Tamron Prime lens.

The only time that the leaves had the bright color was when the Sun shines on the top and the tree is big enough to stop the light from hitting the tree trunk directly. When the sun light was blocked by the cloud, the leaves color were dull.