Fall Colors Two (attn:Little Man)

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I found one that was in front of the willow tree and I sized it like you said. How is this?

FALL+COLORS+2.jpg

Hi again. I've cropped out that annoying bit at the bottom, but for some reason I can't get it to load to my site. :?:

Anywhoo, I would really like to hear what you all think. I'm starting to get a complex. :?

Use zoom when you shot

Or photoshoped after you shoted

Elsa, welcome to the club of those who get a complex about their own photos once you start comparing them to the works of the other posters here. We can shake hands on that!

Yes, I would like this one better with the distracting thing in the front cropped out and I understand that you did that, only does the new version not load for some reason. So I take it as cropped - and like your composition.

All who still misses in replying now is the little man LittleMan ;)...

Goowha said:
Use zoom when you shot

Or photoshoped after you shoted

If I used zoom, wouldn't I have missed some of the different trees and colors? Could you zoom and still have all that stuff? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm new to this.

As for Photoshop, I have Paint Shop Pro 7 which is the poor man's version. I'm clueless on how to use it. The first time I tried was night before last. I've got a long way to go yet! :)

LaFoto said:
Elsa, welcome to the club of those who get a complex about their own photos once you start comparing them to the works of the other posters here. We can shake hands on that!

Yes, I would like this one better with the distracting thing in the front cropped out and I understand that you did that, only does the new version not load for some reason. So I take it as cropped - and like your composition.

All who still misses in replying now is the little man LittleMan ;)...

Thank you so much LaFoto! Thanks for 'imagining' the crop. I can't figure out why it didn't load to the site. It was exactly the same size as the other, just with the crop in effect. I'll get this someday, I swear! :lol:

Yes, it's pretty depressing sometimes. Here you are, all proud of a picture that turned out pretty good (at least you think so) and then you come here and have the JonMikals and cccds and you just want to give up. BUT, even though they are probably naturals at this, I'm sure even they had their learning moments. So that's why I am subjecting myself to it. I hoping to glean some knowledge on what I could have done to make things work better. I guess I should see it myself, but I really don't until someone points it out for me. Then I see it clear as day.
I'll just keep trying. :D

elsaspet,
sorry for not posting... lol I've been really busy and I haven't had time to post much....
About the pic...
It is definately getting better! Good job!
I'm thinking it would look really cool if you got right up next to the statue and shot it like that getting the three "red" trees in the frame while keeping the willow in the background and having the statue as the main subject.

I think in this picture there is too much grass... just my oppinion...

Anyways.... Good job you are definately improving!
btw It's ok to compare yourself to other photographers on this forum.. that's the only way we get better! :D

also, try putting the statue in the far left or far right of your picture.... see how everything works out. :D

Ok, I'll try that this weekend. Maybe tomorrow. (It's at the area botanical gardens and they are right next to my house). I see what you mean about all the grass.
Knowing what cameras I have, how do you think I should set it to get what you are talking about without washing out the trees in the background? Wide angle lens? How close to the statue should I get. Cound you take it for me (notice how I slipped that last bit in!) 8)

I copied your picture(I hope you don't mind) cropped it and changed the levels a little in Photoshop.

Here is what I came up with... see how little it takes to make or break a photo?
fallcolors.jpg

btw. when you save a file don't put any of these characters in your file name:
=+)(*&^%$#@!~`?/><
also, don't put anything in Caps or spaces

If you do use those it messes up how your computer thinks...

elsaspet said:
Knowing what cameras I have, how do you think I should set it to get what you are talking about without washing out the trees in the background? Wide angle lens? How close to the statue should I get.

You have a very nice digital camera...
I would stand so that fully zoomed out the statue is fully in the frame... probably far left. Then use a high F-Stop so that you can get both the trees and the statue in focus.
Go from there and think about the composition/make sure everything fits in the frame nicely/make sure you aren't cutting anything off in the picture(tree/statue/shadow)

Good luck... have fun... I guess that's it... lol :D

OMG! What a difference you made in Photoshop! What did you do to the levels?

Also, I typed in the caps thing I think but not the signs. That was put in by Bravenet I think. What do signs and caps do to the photo?

Am I wearing you out yet? :?

elsaspet said:
OMG! What a difference you made in Photoshop! What did you do to the levels?
Actually I used "Curves" It's under Image/Adjustments/Curves
It changes the levels of contrast and the saturation of the image.
I upped the contrast and the saturation a little and I noticed it was a little over exposed so I darkened it up a little.

Also, I typed in the caps thing I think but not the signs. That was put in by Bravenet I think. What do signs and caps do to the photo?
Sometimes different browsers can't see the picture you post if you use the "special characters" Also, when you upload the images to a photohosting site sometimes it messes it up.... Not sure why... but it does.
It's just better to not use them. :)

Am I wearing you out yet? :?
Not A Chance! :D
Keep the questions coming!

Hey LM, I just wanted to thank you again for all your help (and LaFoto too).
I was talking to Mr. Pet on the phone and I guess I was all hopped up on the cool thing you did in Photoshop and he can't wait to come home to see it.

And a nice aside......this just may be the ticket to Mr. Pet springing for the real deal Photoshop! Creamy! :D

Most reactions

Back