Fall Fun

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by laxb0rder, Oct 17, 2007.

1. laxb0rder

laxb0rder TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey, I'm new to photography so i was wondering if you could C&C these four shots I took thank you. Also which do you think is the best, or is your favorite?

1- [​IMG]
    2- [​IMG]
    3- [​IMG]
    4- [​IMG]

2. laxb0rder

laxb0rder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Anyone have anything to say about any of them?

3. The Phototron

The Phototron TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The first one has great color!

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice choice of POV (point of view) in the first two... the moveable screen of the Powershots makes these possible without the need for you to flop yourself onto your belly and push your chin into the grass to get such perspectives, right? ;) And while the colours in the first look nice and autumnal, I am not sure the overall composition can convince me, cool POV or not. The photo is divided in two equal halves, of which the top half does not say anything, it is just superfluous.

The second photo focusing on that one blade of (cut) grass is nicer, compositionally, though it does not feature the amount of autumn colours that the first photo does. The blade in focus is in the right third and its ragged tip in the top right corner area, which I appreciate. And I like the "ant's view" here.

There is not much to say about the last two ... the third is one for the "round foulder" underneath your desk, I say. It is nothing. It has no subject, no focal point, a top two thirds with no meaning at all, and the use of on-camera flash and its fast fading light is really snapshotty.

And the pumpkin ... oh well.
    A pumpkin.
    Snapshot of a pumpkin, with on-camera flash. No more. Sorry, but the last two just don't work for me at all.

5. pantherlax

pantherlax TPF Noob!

The last two as said before seem like just snap shots...nothing really interesting.
    The depth of field for the first two is great, and you should prob try it out with something more interesting, but the concept is there...

Check your PM btw.