Photos OK to edit
IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

in my untrained eyes , #1 looks pretty good , except for that leaf on her nose (mom, i assume)its a little bit distracting, #2 IMO i think, its perfect, good exposure, #3 its to soft maybe a little bit out of focus and tad overexposed, #4 i like this one, the faces are not to far apart for their expression, nice (me dont like vignetting personally). #5 no offense, but idont like this one, special the guy with a fake smile with his face on his chin, to distracting ( red flag ) #6 its better than #5 again that fake smile of his, its distracting #7 now thats areal smile, if you look closely at his eyes they are more relaxed.

The vignettes are a bit much.

I'm no expert but all of them look a little bit under-exposed. The first one is my favorite, the composition is great and I think the leaf on the nose makes the picture. It would be indeed distracting but your daughter is looking and laughing at it, so I believe it makes the picture unique and stand out more than a regular old mother and daughter portrait that we have all seen time and time again. I would try to bring it in photo shop and try to either brighten it a tad or tweak with the colors, I'd do it now but I'm at work XD

Great start. I have to agree about the vignettes being too strong, also they are a bit underexposed. I would up the exposure. Some of the pictures seem to be a bit warm also, unless that's the style you are going for. There are several that were OOF.

But I think it's a great start. :thumbup:

he he. I don't know what IMO or OOF mean...? lol But thank you for the feedback. I was going for a warm sense in the pictures, but I am not sure how to tell when a shot is underexposed....I can definitely tell when it is overexposed but its a little tougher to tell when its the opposite. As far as the leaf in the hair goes--I do agree that it does look ok because they were clearly playing in leaves and by the expression on her face it shows, but I don't like it because the mother's face doesn't necessarily express mutual fun like my niece's face does--which Is why another one of my threads is for someone to help me get rid of the leaf. Again, thank you for the feedback.

One more thing---the "fake" smile he he...When we were doing these pictures, I was actually just practicing and goofing around...but he is an extremely goofy & sarcastic guy and had i know that these shots would have turned out this decent, I would have shaped him up!!!! he he

atm is "at the moment", I think ;)

Most reactions

Back