Fall Pictures Of My Son For C&C

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
Just posting these up for C&C. I used fill flash in all if not most of them, but I'm not sure if I should have got in a little closer.

Thanks!

All shots were taken with my 55-250mm IS and all have had a boost in contrast, saturation and I also sharpened after resizing them. These pictures looked fine on my laptop, but on this monitor they seem a bit oversaturated. Is anyone else seeing this?

410945992_KnkDT-L.jpg

410944583_YnDTM-L.jpg

410944677_EUqsG-L.jpg

410945506_jKmMC-L.jpg

410945704_iQSJG-L.jpg

#6 There's some paint on the back of his tricycle, but I can edit that out later :)
410943771_aKWFk-L.jpg

Last edited:
The third is my favourite for the fact that he's interacting with you (camera, and consequently us, the viewers), which he doesn't do in any of the other photos. Pity that particularly in 3, there's some of the garden fence to be seen in the background, which I take as a little "minus", and the fact that his face is in the absolute centre of the frame is another little minus, but all in all you can try all sorts of cropping on this one in an attempt to re-compose after it has been taken, for there is room enough around him to do this. Which is an advantage of not getting to close to begin with, see? ;)

Photo 4 sports one big no-no, i.e. the fact that your composition cuts right through his knees. It's generally said that when your framing "cuts limbs", the cut should never go through any joints. So I heard (nowhere else but here on TPF).

As to the colours and amount of saturation, I must say: I'm happy enough with that aspect and don't feel you overdid things, since they are autumn photos (specifically), and autumn stands for it's lovely colours.

Thank you very much for the comments! I'm familiar with not cutting limbs and about trying to keep the subject centered, but when I snapped these I didn't pay much attention to the "rules" lol :), but I will try to keep that in mind more often when I do shoot. In the 1st 2 I honestly think he was bored..we have been walking around our neighborhood for a little while and stumbled across this empty field which unfortunately had that fence. I told him to "move here" "move there" and he just wanted to ride his bike as you can see in the 3rd. Also, I could have moved, but I chose that spot because of the shade and not having to be in direct sunlight, but was stuck with that horrid fence.

Thanks again for the comment!

Just bumping this up incase anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thank you!

Most reactions

Back