Fall Portrait Session - 6 Month Old

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by mooseluver24, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mooseluver24

mooseluver24 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This was from a shoot I did with a beautiful 6 month old, whom as it happens, is also my daughter. ;) C&C would be greatly welcome. I know it's a lot to sift through but that way I get all your thoughts.

1[​IMG]

2[​IMG]

3[​IMG]

4[​IMG]

5[​IMG]

6[​IMG]

7[​IMG]

8[​IMG]

2. Clawed

Clawed TPF Noob!

These pictures are nice, your daughter is quite cute. The expression in 2 is wonderful.

The one main thing I can say is that the WB is a little cool for my liking. It leaves the skin tones looking just a tad on the blue side.

Also, where you use selective color, make sure the B&W portions of the photo display more contrast. If you use Photoshop, make sure you select the Black & White conversion and manually tweak your sliders. The results will be more more dynamic.

Thank you for sharing!

3. Clawed

Clawed TPF Noob!

For example (I took the liberty of making the simple edits descibed above, if this is not okay with you I will remove them right away:

#2 with a slight temperature adjustment
    [​IMG]

#2 converted to B&W using manual sliders in PS
    [​IMG]

#2 converted to grayscale (compare to the previous)
    [​IMG]

Anyway, these were just simple, quick edits. Plus its just a matter of opinion... you may like the lower contrast of the grayscale (and in my terrible example above, I think I do, lol). Anyway, thanks again!

4. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    cute kid, color is a little cold though, she looks like she's freezing and a wee bit lifeless.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mooseluver24

mooseluver24 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I totally see what you mean about them being cold, especially after seeing your examples. Is it possible that you could email me the info on how you warmed them? I work on PS CS4 but I am still getting the hang of it.

Clawed, I see what you are saying and I agree. I guess I didn't notice it too much when I did them but after seeing what you had to say and tweaking it a bit, I like it MUCH better! Thanks!!!

6. mooseluver24

mooseluver24 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Never mind, I figured it out. They all look so much better! Thank you for the advice!

7. Herro

Herro TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    work on white balance and composition. also, learn when to and when not to use a border. those borders arent very good either. i like number 3 best.

to warm up your photos in PS. in your layers pallete click on the button at the bottom for your "adjustment layers" then click on "photo filters" and there are a few warm settings, or use your own.

8. mooseluver24

mooseluver24 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you Herro. The border is for me alone. These photos are going on Canvas and I prefer the edges to be solid so it looks finished when I stretch it. It's not how I would hand out a photo. I have these edited to be ordered so this is how they currently look. Most people don't care for a border, and the photos were for anyone but myself, they wouldn't have it. But like I said, canvas.

And thank you for the walk through on warming. I have been going a totally different route due to my inexperience with the program and that is exceedingly simpler.