Fall (with Spring-like qualities)

Rathbone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rathbone.eprofile.us
I thought this was odd, caterpillars out when it's Fall and dropping below freezing at night.

rsexDsc_0075.jpg

As if that weren't enough, I then spied some daisies growing in a pile of fallen leaves.

rsexDsc_0097.jpg

The puppy was following me, so I had to take a snap when I spied him posing.

rsexDsc_0101.jpg

I'll just throw in a picture of this old shed I converted to a monochromatic image.

rsexDsc_0040.jpg

These are all good. I like the bokeh that your lens gives you, and it comes out nicely with your chosen aperture.

I must admit that I like it best in the photo of the dog that followed you about, he is so well in focus and the background is so nicely blurred out, this photo has almost a 3-D effect. Not that focusing and aperture were any worse in the first two, but the almost 3-D effect of the dog pic is striking (maybe only I see it, though?)

And the dilapidated hut is something quite noteworthy all on its own.
I doubt I'd have chosen this tint, but that is just a matter of tastes.

Thanks! I agree with your assessment of the dog pic as to the 3d quality, and I'd like to take credit for design but the fact is the elements were just there and I only had the presence of mind to see it (for once). I can see 3 distinct planes, foreground with leaves, middle plane with the dog amidst brush, and the background of the forest which as you stated is set even further back by the blurring. What I recognized on the scene was his dynamic pose and the angle of the slope. The rest was providence!

The dilapidated hut is an old tool shed on my parents property. The portion on the right is older than I am, but the part on the left that isfalling down I helped to build as a child. You can see from that why it's a good thing I chose art and photography as a hobby instead of carpentry!

Yea I notice the 3-D with the dog too very nice, mind sharing what lens your using?

love the shot of the old shed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back